Bacon Head Elite Series

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

404292_263864717006934_100001502242963_713397_1112117984_n.jpg

So, my 6 year old wanted a pen and kept asking, and I finally figured I'd get it done. I was trying to get her to watch, and she was as excited as you could get until she discovered bubble wrap in the flat-rate box under another box. Lost cause. I let her pick the kit and centerband out. The Corian I used was a hair too short, had to remove some tube from the top barrel. Corian cracked when I pressed the cap on, and it'll probably go sooner or later. But, it's gonna have to keep itself from getting lost before it gets to that point.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Roos85

Yea, I have had problems with the corain when putting them together too. Seems the material is very brittle. Pen looks nice though!

JAZNCARR

The trick with corian is you can take the blank to thin, If you leave it alittle convex and then round the blank at the end to met the bushing you tend to not have splits and cracks..

PenMan1

Two things that help greatly in assembling Corian pens is

1. A bullet chamfering tool. (available at most gun and ammo stores for less than $10). This tool coaxes the parts to press without damaging the Corain.

2. A chainsaw file set. One of the few thing I have found at HF that has value. this little 12 inch, 3 files set does a fine job "making extra room" inside pen tubes. IT AIN'T worth spit on chainsaw blades, but works well for "customizing" pen tube innards.

Top Bottom