back yard purged/ wood gloat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Armacielli

we took a chainsaw to the trees (all but a couple) in the backyard. As the resident wood worker, I took custody of the wood:D

two pretty redbuds:
southbeachcar010.jpg

southbeachcar008.jpg

a 20ft maple:
southbeachcar009.jpg

A tall fir tree:
southbeachcar012.jpg

and a colorful osage orange:
southbeachcar011.jpg

the back yard looks quite bare, but it's a small price to pay for a full wood shed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
Man, it's hard to get behind a gloat when the trees are that pretty, at least the redbuds. I'd have enjoyed the blooms for a couple more weeks myself! You gonna think about some bigger blanks before you lop that OO into pen blanks? I'd love to get my hands on some of that for turned boxes (3"x3"x14", packed four to a flat rate box, something like that!) Lemme know if you're into trades. :)

Edit: well heck, redbud's nice, too, for that matter! hehe Use a bunch of those blooms as packing filler and I'm a happy guy!

Armacielli

according to mom "they're in the way"
but then again she's sick and in a medicated haze so we're hoping she doesn't freak out about what we did when she comes out of her medicated confusion.

I dunno why she says they're in the way. She orders me to do all the yardwork anyway. So the answer would be that the trees came down b/c ??? they were in my way???

her wanting an in-ground pool may have something to do with it, too

redfishsc

Originally posted by Armacielli

according to mom "they're in the way"
but then again she's sick and in a medicated haze so we're hoping she doesn't freak out about what we did when she comes out of her medicated confusion.

Well, before that's over, sounds like a good time to give your sales pitch about why you need a new Nova DVR-XP

Top Bottom