Back to work

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bitshird

bitshird

Finally got up enough stones to use my wood lathe again, here are a few pens from today and yesterday, First is a kit with problems, but it makes a nice pen for a large pen it's a Bloodwood El Presidente, with gold hardware, next two are a Desert Ironwood El Presidente, Nice pens, but they need to have either a longer spring or you have to make a spacer to get the roller ball nib to stick out,I thought I was doing something wrong till Gerryr answered a question I'd asked in penmaking. Next is a Lacewood Cigar with Chrome hardware, and finally a Paduk 7mm Euro with Chrome. all pens are finished with CA sanded to 1500 and buffed with chrome oxide It sure feels good to be able to turn again.

Attachments

• Bloodwood-Presidente-1.jpg
    Bloodwood-Presidente-1.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 145
  • DIW-Presidente-1-07-9.jpg
    DIW-Presidente-1-07-9.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 134
  • DIW-Presidente-2-07-9.jpg
    DIW-Presidente-2-07-9.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 140
  • Lacewood-cigar-07-9.jpg
    Lacewood-cigar-07-9.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 126
  • Paduk-Euro-07-9.jpg
    Paduk-Euro-07-9.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 119
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

VisExp

I'm glad to see you are back up and running Ken. You must have really enjoyed being back at the lathe after the layoff. Nice work.

fyrcaptn

Great to see you back and in form!

Great pens as usual!
Nice to see you didn't lose anything on your 'sabbatical'~
Hate to take advantage of your and others misfortunes, but do appreciate your sharing the oopses. Makes me take that extra look at times. So far so good. (Glad near misses don't count)

Top Bottom