Back on Deck

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Thanks to all the members for their well wishes, for my recent Knee Replacement.
I am delighted to report, that I am "Back on Deck", though not yet capable of serving a Full Watch.
I am walking without Aids, and what is more important, without the use of intense Pain Relief Medication.
I decided to take myself off the Oxycodone, and Endone Medication two weeks ago. since then I am only using Paracetamol, for relief of the occasional pain and soreness generated by the 3 hours of Rehabilitation Exercise Regime, on my twice a week Day Patient Program.

I am still having some trouble finding "That Sweet Spot" in bed, that generates complete comfort for me, but I am still getting adequate sleep.

I will not be online, for at least another three weeks, as if I stay seated for too long, my muscles, in particular, those I have recently discovered, that I never knew I had, tend to stiffen up on me, so like an Old Car I have to warm up for a while, before I can move freely.

I also would like to take this opportunity, of wishing A Very Merry, and Happy Christmas To You and Your Loved Ones, and May the New Year, bring you all, Happiness, Love, Friendship, and Good Health.

Kindest regards,
Brian.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Thanks, Brian, and the same to you and yours !!!!

Hope your recuperation continuous with ongoing postive notes of recovery !!!!

TonyL

Glad to hear it. Prayers were answered and will continue for full recovery

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

jttheclockman

Brian it is good to see you posting again. Hopefully all the pain subsides and you as good as new. My brother has just been told he too will need a full knee replacement at some time. He is only 56. But he like I is in the construction business and being a construction electrician does take its toll for sure. I have the bad back, knees and shoulder to prove it. He is going to try the lack of the proper term (Chicken Fat shots) first. He wants to try to get to 60 for early retirement or else he will have to go out on full disability. Sure wish there was that magic pill that cures all.

Good luck and take it easy as you recover.:)

elkhorn

Welcome back, my friend! Glad you're healing well. I look forward to your presence here on IAP soon.

OZturner

Thanks, Guy's for your Warm Welcome Back, and Season Greetings.

William, thanks for the Thumb's Up on the Turmeric Capsules, I shall get some and give them a try.

John T, I hope you brother, recovers soon, for when the knee pack's it in, it is not only the pain, but it is also the unsure nature, and not knowing when it will let you down.
My Prayers and thoughts are with him.

I don't know if I will be able to spend much time sitting at the Computer, but I will give it a try albeit in Short Bursts.

Kindest regards,
Brian.

Last edited:

bpgoldo

Brian, it is comforting to hear the strong and true heart of this family beating again. Your absence has been noted and your return is being celebrated. Good health brother.

Wonderful

Nice to know you're on the mend!

Merry Christmas to you.

Happy Thanksgiving. I don't know when you celebrate. I know Canada is celebrated when we here in the US celebrate Columbus Day. I was fortunate to be in Canada one year on Columbus day weekend, we celebrated along with our Canadian friends.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Charlie

OZturner

Many thanks Guy's for your Kind Remarks, and Well Wishes.
It is good to be getting on the Computer again, and seeing the Fantastic work, you all Produce.

Lou, Sorry to hear about you injuring Your Knee, hopefully, it will not be too serious, please let us know how you are progressing.

Charlie, we do not celebrate Thanksgiving in Australia, so this area is some what safer for Turkey's at least until Christmas.
I wasn't aware that the Canadians, celebrated Thanksgiving, but I think it is Wonderful, and obviously you enjoyed the Experience, and Friendship.
Though I must say having lived in the states for several years, I do miss Thanksgiving.
I think that while it would not have the same "Origin" Concept, here in Australia, as it did with the Pilgrims in America, the concept of setting a day for Celebrating, and Giving Thanks, for the Wonderful Gifts, Blessings and Opportunities we have had bestowed upon us, and for the Strength of the Family and Friend Bond.

Kindest of Regards, and Friendship.
Brian.

Last edited:

Loucurr

Brian,

I hope your recovery is progressing well. The verdict on my knee was a torn meniscus, had it repaired yesterday...doc said it was worse than he expected but was able to clean everything up. So far not too bad but I certainly understand that sweet spot in bed.

Lou

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

eharri446

Lou,

I had to spend 6 weeks out on FLMA in 2009 with the same problem that you had. It wasn't to bad other than the boredom of not having anything to do. (That was before I started making pens)

steamshovel

I wish you luck Brain.

I had both my knees done six weeks apart and I could not find the sweet spot in bed. Finally I used a pillow from the couch, they are a little sturdier than a bed pillow. I put the couch pillow between my knees when sleeping on either my right or left side. After a few days I was maybe getting up once a night.

Preston

Top Bottom