"Axia" in Steel Mist

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kaspar

Kaspar

The second of two pens (The first is here) whose blanks were chosen for their excellent "grain" pattern to see if grain alignment with Lucite was easy to incorporate and worth the effort. I have concluded it is both.

This is my "Axia" design in Steel Mist Lucite. This one is already has an owner. He wanted a number six nib, extra fine since he's an adjunct college prof and plans to use it to grade essay papers.

(I really like this idea. My pen will be used to go all "Catbert" on the inane ramblings of some publicly mis-educated students who probably had their first and only original thought under prenatal conditions, and who have no business within a hundred miles of a college. :biggrin: But, I'm not old or anything like that ...)

Comment / critiques welcome. Thanks for looking!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

longbeard

WOW!!!!
I really like the color and the shape on this one. Looks fantastic. Nice job. Clip and the finial really sets it off.

Harry

Last edited:

eranox

Another beauty. I hope to someday produce work of this caliber. Great job, I'm sure your customer will be thrilled!

Kaspar

Here it is closed, and this shows how well the grain aligned even though I took the tenon (.260") out of the middle.

1_Steel_Mist_Axia_-_grain_alignment.jpg

Top Bottom