Aurora Borealis blank?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

phil

Not sure where i should ask this, so im just gonna do it here.

My dad is pretty much obsessed with Alaska. We took a family trip there back in '97. At 12 i wasnt really that interested (i sure wish i had paid more attention!). But i do remember one night we were driving and the sky was absolutly alive with the northern lights. Blazing green ribbons streaking through the sky. That was one of the most memerable times ive ever had with my dad. we still talk about it today.

So i had this great idea to make him a pen with an acrylic blank that looked like the northern lights. you know black with that bright green feathery ribbon racing through it. welp, so far ive come up with nothing.

Any ideas? has anybody ever seen such a blank? do any of you mixers out there think you could condure something up? id like to put it on a black chrome cigar or something similar. Any help is much appreciated, and if you all think it would look better on a different kit, please chime in!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penmaker56

Sorry to tute my own horn, but I did make a blank that I have on my website, it is labeled 'Night Glo' that after I made a pen with it I should have called it 'Aurora Borealis' but it was already engraved. It is a deep blue with silver and whites, and in the dark it glows greens, blues, red, etc. Please take a look.
Richard

IPD_Mrs

The blank labeled Aurora Borealis is available at woodpenpro.com

People use to do some group buys with these folks but the prices are good even if you only buy a couple. They are out of Hawaii.

DozerMite

Banned
These change color when rotated.

Same pen; different angles.

In the pic on the left, you can see blue,green, and purple.
On the right is purple and pink.

zzzzzzzzzqua.jpg

workinforwood

All those are really cool. I often though if you cast a blank with just a few light doses of pearlex in your color of choice, then the blank would be mostly clear but have those faint pearly colors such as the northern lights. Then you can take some black paint and mix in a little bit of glitter and paint the inside of the blank. I believe that would create a very cool looking blank.

phil

Sorry for the slow responce, been kinda busy round here. Thank you for all thoes ideas, ill have too look at all of them for a while before i can decide. Thanks again for all the help!

Top Bottom