Auction #2 - World Trade Center Set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobleibo

Wow! This is simply a great place with great people! Thanks Doc~
Bid is now at $1,100......for how long?

SteveG

Keeping the WORLD TRADE CENTER SET within the IAP Family

I am not bidding at the moment, but remain engaged. I also aware of the possibility of a consortium working behind the scenes to stage a "deep pocket" buy (my pockets probably only aspire to "medium pockets" at best :redface:). All that said, IF I manage to win this auction, I will be willing and committed (if so desired by the curator), to place the piece in the IAP Collection on a museum loan basis for a minimum of two years, with anticipation to renew that arrangement in subsequent years. In any case my intent is to insure the piece remains within the collective IAP family in some manner or another going forward. :)

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thank you Doc!! A wonderful way to remind us you are here :wink:

Steve your true colors are showing :biggrin: It doesn't surprise me at all. But, the bidding must go on. :biggrin:

wizard

Oh Wow...I just got off work a little while ago and just went to the end of the thread and bid. I'm not sure what Steve's post meant and am little brain dead.....and not sure if I upset someone.

Promise, I'm not part of a consortium, not making a "deep pocket" buy and I thought I was part of the IAP family...I just love Steven's work, he has been an inspiration to me along with the IAP and was looking forward to this auction.

I am not bidding at the moment, but remain engaged. I also aware of the possibility of a consortium working behind the scenes to stage a "deep pocket" buy (my pockets probably only aspire to "medium pockets" at best :redface:). All that said, IF I manage to win this auction, I will be willing and committed (if so desired by the curator), to place the piece in the IAP Collection on a museum loan basis for a minimum of two years, with anticipation to renew that arrangement in subsequent years. In any case my intent is to insure the piece remains within the collective IAP family in some manner or another going forward. :)

Edit: I am sure that Steve's post meant well..just didn't quite understand it....I just don't want to upset anyone.....

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I do not want anyone to have mis-interpreted previous comments about a group-buy for the IAP Collection.

For the record, there is no concerted effort that I know of to do this. I suspect the comments made earlier were well intentioned and to spur some interest in the auction!

I appreciate your thoughts Steve, but for now I believe this auction can/should proceed as individual bidders. Whomever wins the bid will have a masterpiece and should enjoy it in whatever manner they wish.

I do not want anyone to hesitate to bid, and feel an obligation whatsoever to have any involvement with the IAP Collection.

So... keep the bids coming in! :)

SteveG

....and not sure if I upset someone.

Promise, I'm not part of a consortium, not making a "deep pocket" buy and I thought I was part of the IAP family

Aloha Doc...
Of course you are a part of the IAP family, and this auction item would be well served to reside with you. Check post #31 in the bidding in reference to the "consortium". The fact is, just considering this piece, it could well have high-$$$ interest beyond the confines of IAP. That is a concern that clearly does not implicate you. I personally would like to own this piece, but in a broader sense, would like very much to see it stay somewhere within the IAP family (you included). :)

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I THINK Wayne's post was meant to be humorous. As far as I know, there is no consortium or, behind the scene plot.

Bob and, I are working together to keep the auction progressing for the purpose of raising funds to, keep the IAP functioning. Beyond that, we have no control of posts.

I sincerely believe Wayne had no ill-intent. I have talked to Wayne about this and, he is extremely regretful. I've asked him not to post any apologies in this thread for the sake of continuing the auction. With that, can we proceed with the auction?

Doc, you are the high bidder at $1100.00 THANK YOU!!

SteveG

I the interest of keeping this going, why not toss in a few more bucks? (As I am semi-retired...or maybe mostly-retired), and needing a good funding source for the auction, thus I have been out collecting soda cans along the streets to cash in the refund. :wink: :tongue: It has been a good day...found a few!)

$1150<<<The green is symbolic of the environmentally friendly cash source! :biggrin:

Now for the sad part: the can collecting is all made up, just cause it sounded good. I have, in fact, participated in recycling those cans and bottles, but for this account, it was all fabricated. But...the bid is GOOD!

SteveG

It's great to realize there is so much respect for the artists work. Thank you guys.

It is a combination of respect (and amazement that a rodent could conceptualize, and the execute) on such fine work. This is in parallel with respect for IAP and ALL that THAT means!

Yes, it is great to support and be a part of all this :biggrin:

bobleibo

I put my ear down there and REALLY liked what I heard.

Thank you Steve, your support is so much appreciated !!

We are now at $1,550.

After a bid like that I almost don't want to say this but,

do we have someone out there who is ready to take us to $1,600?

Last edited:

Dale Lynch

WOW,you giys are amazing!Your generosity and apreciation of a fellow turners work of art is astounding.It is doubly wonderfull that it goes to benefit a great,inspirational organization.That being said I still hope the winner finds a rock in their food.I am jealous.

Skip,beautifull pens I one day hope to create art like you.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
It has been an exciting day thanks to all of our bidders. I think I will hit the hay. Feel free to place a bid. I will pick them up in the morning unless Bob is here to cover. GOOD NIGHT!!

jttheclockman

Had to run the wife into town for Saturday Mass while I ran to the commissary on Peterson Air Force Base. Guess I should discuss her choice of prayers. They didn't help!

Sorry Steve. . . . I'll go $1600

Did the congregation get together and pool their money to make a donation to you??? Can I have the name of that church please???:)

bobleibo

THANK YOU VIC!

Your support and generosity is absolutely appreciated !

I will also be signing off for the night but wanted to thank Vic before doing so

and invite people to continue bidding.

We are now at $1,600....who will take us to $1,650?

Good night everyone, see you in the morning~​

Mr Vic

THANK YOU VIC!

Your support and generosity is absolutely appreciated !

I will also be signing off for the night but wanted to thank Vic before doing so

and invite people to continue bidding.

We are now at $1,600....who will take us to $1,650?

Good night everyone, see you in the morning~
You can stop asking for bids any time. Night all!

Top Bottom