ATTENTION...To gain access to the calendar...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
If you are a contest chairman/chairwoman, or anyone else of need, you will need access to the calendar to create the entry and pertinent dates for your contest/event. In order to allow you access to the calendar without allowing non bash personnel, you will need to register on the bash website.

I have not deployed the calendar yet but need you to register so I can add you as a user of the calendar once it is up so don't expect to see anything at the moment.

Please go to this link and create an account. IAP Bash

While you are there, please let me know what you think about the anti spam protection I have enabled. Last year there were some complaints that the stupid mixed up letters and such were hard to work with so I thought I would try something different! Unfortunately, due to the nature of spammers and needing to have data integrity, I have to have something in place. This seems like a pretty fun, easy one to use. Your thoughts appreciated.

Last edited:

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
If they want access to create or modify events on the calendar they do. Either that or I have to manually create a login for them which is NOT going to happen! You already have any account Jeff.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
This is what I got: "Page not found" error

Attachments

• Create Acct for bash-doc.doc
    142.5 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I believe Jeff has that site hosted through Bluehost.com which is the same one I have my site hosted through. This morning about 10:00 am, they had a major failure and all outbound connectivity has halted. As a result, about 10 MILLION websites the world over are completely down including mine. I also have ZERO e-mail at the moment. The are working to fix the problem so hopefully it will be back up soon.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
It is working every time for me, Ed. I have just created three different test accounts through the link above. I wonder if your cache in your browser is causing this. I am really sorry for the trouble! If you still have issues, see if you can just go to Home. From there you should see the registration link on the left. If that still gives your trouble, then please send me the username you would like, the e-mail address you want associated with it, and a password and I will manually create one for you!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Using a different browser, I got registered.

It says we should see the menu on the left, to add events.

Can't see how to do that---will try again and post screen shot.

Ed

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Click above the type on the left and I can open the final crossword from last year. Otherwise, I see no navigation helps.

Attachments

• bash calendar.doc
    342 KB · Views: 90

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Ed,

I have made the changes for you. Sorry I had to do it that way but it is the only way I know to keep someone who stumbles on the site from registering and then having access to the calendar.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Also, please realize the site is NOT in its final format. I need to do a lot of things to polish it up. I currently have the navigation menu turned off since it still has the stuff from last year. The purpose of getting this up now was to allow time to mess with the calendar portion itself. I just spoke to Jeff on the phone and he is going to work on a solution to get this calendar to show up on IAP. If you see something in the calendar portion that could use improvement, I would love to hear them. More categories? Different colors? Etc.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I'm registered. For others who may have tried unsuccessfully before to register and are still having problems, I had to clear my browsing history, as Curtis suggested, before I could get to the site. FWIW, I use Firefox.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Registered. I'll need editing just in case.

You have been changed to Author.

Just for clarification...everyone who registers will be assigned Author status. This will allow you to create and edit your OWN entries. You only need Editor status if you see a need to be able to edit other people's entries.

mbroberg

You have been changed to Author. Just for clarification...everyone who registers will be assigned Author status. This will allow you to create and edit your OWN entries. You only need Editor status if you see a need to be able to edit other people's entries.

Please change Chris to editor. I'll be off the grid for a brief period during the Bash and Chris will be keeping things afloat.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

mbroberg

Listing the Trivia Contest every day is a bit redundant. Lets just announce that the Daily Trivia Contest is held............Daily.

toddlajoie

Listing the Trivia Contest every day is a bit redundant. Lets just announce that the Daily Trivia Contest is held............Daily.

On a similar note, I'm assuming that just about every contest is going to begin on Feb. 1st. Should we make that assumed unless mentioned otherwise in the contest thread, or should we all be posting our begin date on the 1st?

I know there are a few contests that run several times over the course of the bash, so those would obviously have start/end entries, and maybe in the end, since it won't be live until Feb 1, having Feb 1 be a huge list may not be the worst thing in the world, and be more clear to everyone than what they may or may not assume...

Top Bottom