ATTENNTION BROOKS .....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Russell Eaton

Russell Eaton

I am calling you out!:biggrin::wink: I did a little trade with Jonathon a few weeks ago and this is what my end looks like finished. It is a block of I DON'T KNOW WHAT! It was in a round form when it started, and my daughter claimed it right off the bat. It was a challenge to turn, mainly the finishing part. The lid is snug, not too tight but will pop when removed. It is sanded to 400 grit and polished with the Stickfast polish. I had a hard time getting ALL the lines out but ended up with a decent finish. It is about 2 3/4" tall and about the same in diameter. I guess you can tell that the box glows in the dark. The last photo is my freaking finger after it got a little too close to the chuck, nuf' said. Comments are welcome. Russell

Attachments

• IMG_2841.jpg
    IMG_2841.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_2837.jpg
    IMG_2837.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_2839.jpg
    IMG_2839.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_2843.jpg
    IMG_2843.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 204
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Russell, manicures are kind of expensive, but I think I'd try a different nail studio<LOL>
Pretty cool looking lidded box, I'll bet your daughter will keep it a long time!!

Brooks803

That came out GREAT Russell! Sorry to hear about your finger :beat-up:
That was some good Ole PR. That thing glows BRIGHT too. Now that you've probably had your fill of "non wood" turnings I'm sure your itching to make some shavings. Thanks for your help turning that, I know I would have made it explode...just shows how good of a turner you are.

OMG! That came out so cool looking! Okay dearest Brooks, where's mine? :)

Um....tell ya what Hun. Let me play around with the rest of my alumilite and on the next purchase of it I'll cast another box blank and turn that for you. Maybe I won't shatter that since it's a bit more turner friendly.

Top Bottom