Atrax - Purpleheart

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RSidetrack

RSidetrack

Some of you may have seen my post regarding sanding down the CA finish and going too far into the wood. Well this is that purpleheart pen. I took both pieces, the side I didn't sand too much and the side I did and turned them down again, sanded, reapplied finish, sanded and MM to 12000. Came out great. This purpleheart was sunbathed outside for about 4 hours with a rotation after 2 hours. It isn't as vibrant of a purple as I had before, but it is close. I think a little more time in the sun will help, but I need to find a window my cats can't get into as I don't want to put the finished pen in 100 degree humid weather. Also, the true color is on the last 2 images. The first 3 I had to modify as the pictures took without any contrast. The first 3 is what the pen was supposed to look like before the mess up :rolleyes:

Atrax-1.jpg

Atrax-2.jpg

Atrax-3.jpg

Atrax-4.jpg

Atrax-5.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

It worked out. Purple Heart is some great stuff to mess with. I usually just hang my pens made with it on a string on the rear view mirror while I drive for a day or two. Gets the color nice and dark.

RSidetrack

It worked out. Purple Heart is some great stuff to mess with. I usually just hang my pens made with it on a string on the rear view mirror while I drive for a day or two. Gets the color nice and dark.
Interesting concept - I might consider it in the spring or something, but right now here it is 100 degrees and inside a car... I can see the CA gooing off :wink:

Drstrangefart

Interesting concept - I might consider it in the spring or something, but right now here it is 100 degrees and inside a car... I can see the CA gooing off :wink:

Nah. CA didn't really have an issue with it. Windows down or A/C going, it doesn't stay too hot in the car. I probably wouldn't leave it in there with the car parked or anything.

Top Bottom