Atrax Ballpoint in Brooks Chocolate Ice Cream

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from EarlD

EarlD

Well, after the Atrax fountain pens and rollerballs I just had to try the ballpoint. I like it! I used a blank from Jonathon Brooks that looks like Chocolate Ice Cream to my wife and me. Maybe Jonathon can give us his name for it.

It was reverse painted with black and finished with mm and Beall's buffing system.

Hope you like it.

EarlD
IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bobalu

Earl, that blank reminds me of when I was a kid and Mom gave me some vanilla ice cream in a bowl with Hershey's chocolate syrup on top. I'd let it melt down a little, swirled it with a spoon, and that's exactly what I'd end up with. That is one beautiful and super delishish looking pen. Great job by both you and Jonathon.

SDB777

Cool swirlies! Looks like someone pouring creamer into a cup of coffee....where is my coffee?

What size tubes does this kit use? Hard to tell the size of the pen from just the photo's.... And the super finish is probably making her look a little bigger.

Scott (well done) B

Brooks803

Mmmmm....now I have a craving for ice cream! Looks awesome Earl! I'm really liking all the black reverse painting. It really adds to the contrast. It also matches the gold kit perfectly! I think Jeff just needs to replace the front page with a montage of your latest turnings....they're all beautiful.

theartist07

Great piece of work but now i feel really stupid because i just caught this, "reverse painting", is this painting the inside of the blank, or painting the tube? Why i have overlooked this i can not explane. Please look over me this morning. Thanks for any reply on this.

Jim

EarlD

Earl, that blank reminds me of when I was a kid and Mom gave me some vanilla ice cream in a bowl with Hershey's chocolate syrup on top. I'd let it melt down a little, swirled it with a spoon, and that's exactly what I'd end up with. That is one beautiful and super delishish looking pen. Great job by both you and Jonathon.

Bob, that's exactly what I did as a kid and occasionally now. That's what my family called "Chocolate Ice Cream".

Earl

EarlD

Great piece of work but now i feel really stupid because i just caught this, "reverse painting", is this painting the inside of the blank, or painting the tube? Why i have overlooked this i can not explane. Please look over me this morning. Thanks for any reply on this.

Jim

Jim, reverse painting, as I understand the term, means painting the hole in the blank after drilling. Two shots with a spray can of Rustoleum flat black work great. I also paint the tubes with the same paint.
Earl

EarlD

What size tubes does this kit use? Hard to tell the size of the pen from just the photo's.... And the super finish is probably making her look a little bigger.

Scott (well done) B

Scott, the tubes are the same diameter as the Jr. Gent II pens. The length of the barrel is slightly longer on the ballpoint than on the fountain pen and roller ball versions of the Atrax. Upper (cap) bushings are the same as Jr. Gent II also, but the nib end of the lower (barrel) bushings is different also... same as other end.

The pen in hand feels slightly smaller than the cigars to me.

Earl

wizard

Earl, That is a gorgeous pen!! Your attention to detail is evident all the way from turning, finishing, polishing and photos! Awesome job! Happy Holidays!
Doc:)

Top Bottom