Ashland casting resins???Anyone use this stuff

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hello, I have a local source of Ashland Clear Casting Resin,but wanted to see if anyone has used it.I can buy it from a company that does custom castings,you can have a scupture reproduced in resins by them.I'm guessing that its no different then other clear casting polyester resins like Silmar 41.Any information would be great.Thank You,Victor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

I would ask your source for information on exactly what their product is. Is it polyester resin, a swing resin, will it cast water clear, etc. I have a source for clear polyester resin where I live but getting a sample to try I found out it was an amber color and did not cure clear. Ask questions, explain what you want to do, and get a sample if possible to try out.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Hello, I have a local source of Ashland Clear Casting Resin,but wanted to see if anyone has used it.I can buy it from a company that does custom castings,you can have a scupture reproduced in resins by them.I'm guessing that its no different then other clear casting polyester resins like Silmar 41.Any information would be great.Thank You,Victor

Skye

Keep in mind, even if it cures amber, you may still be able to use it, just not in clear castings or colored castings in certain colors.

I did tell them what I was doing with it,and that I wanted clear casting resin.I was told that it was polester resin and is clear after curing.I will contact the company again and get more info. on this stuff.The 1 gallon price was high compared to US composites,but the 5 gallon was a good savings and no shipping.I want to start to offer some castings if I can get it down,I have some ideas as evey casters does,LOL.Thanks Guys,Victor

Turns out the guy on the phone that day was a moron and he gave me messed up numbers.Amazing how incompetent people can be.Then I called to make sure they had a gallon on the shelf of the higher cost resin so I can do some testing,I told them I would be in an hour after he told me it was in stock,well he was gone when I showed up getting my gallon of resin.I walked out and told the people what a good smooth business they run ,how its nice to deal with people who know nothing.So I'm back at US composites with the rest of you guys.Oh well thought I could help local economy and save on some shipping(nope),Victor

Top Bottom