Ash Goblet

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rossvh

rossvh

Had some time to try an Ash Goblet - haven't tuned one is over 30 years. Had a 2.5 x 2.5 x 8" piece. I think it's too thin and not round enough but looks ok. Fun as always! Comments/critics welcome.

RossVH

Attachments

• Ash Goblet 2.jpg
    Ash Goblet 2.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 209
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PapaTim

It reminds me of an old style goblet made to be used, not just set on a shelf to be looked at. The top is all business and the bottom is showy. I like it.

rossvh

Beautiful workmanship nice design that flows nicely. What finish did you use?
I agree have a glass of wine. Although I would like a nice chard not merlot but to each his own.
I used 5 coats of CA - mainly because that's what I had. I need to expand my finishes if I'm going to do more bowls/goblets etc. Any suggestions?

Beautiful workmanship nice design that flows nicely. What finish did you use?
I agree have a glass of wine. Although I would like a nice chard not merlot but to each his own.
I used 5 coats of CA - mainly because that's what I had. I need to expand my finishes if I'm going to do more bowls/goblets etc. Any suggestions?

I finish all my wood goblets and the wood stems I add to wine glasses with a wipe on polyurethane... but then I finish almost everything I turn with a polyurethane.. it's quick and easy. Sometimes I will coat the inside of the wood goblets with a plexiglass solution... just dissolve a few pieces of plexi in acetone to the viscosity you like and paint it inside the goblet.

Hawkdave

Hi Ross, it looks good mate. It reminds me of the one I turned when I was a first year apprentice back in 1970.

Here in Aussie, most of us cook with wine and if were in the mood, we might add some to the cooking.:biggrin:

Dave.

Top Bottom