Artistry In Wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jleiwig

ARTISTRY IN WOOD
BENEFITS: United Rehabilitation Services of Greater Dayton http://www.ursdayton.org/
DATE: Nov. 14 & 15, 2009
SHOW HOURS: Saturday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM and Sunday 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
WHERE: Airport Expo Center, Dayton OH
Cost is $7 at the door

World Class Woodcarving and Woodworking Show
Featuring
Carvings available for sale
Amazing Displays and Competition
200 Artists from 20 states
Tools and Supplies for sale from over 20 Vendors

SHOW HOURS; Saturday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM and Sunday 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Free Demonstrations during Artistry in Wood Saturday, November 14, 2009Sunday, November 15, 200912:00 Hammer Veneering in Fine Reproduction Furniture by Robert Millard12:00 Carving Basket Weave by Charley Phillips1:30 Introduction to Whittle Carving a Figure with a Knife by Don Mertz 1:30 Carving the Harley Eye by Harley Schmitgen3:00 Woodburning by Don Stephenson 3:00 What's New in Woodworking by Scott Phillips

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jleiwig

Anyone going? I'll be there Saturday in the morning. This is an annual thing for since my wife is an employee of URS.

Some amazing things to see there, and there are quite a few turners who display their stuff including Lowell Converse and others.

WoodCarverOH

:) I'll be there and the last I know Mr. Master Scroller (Jeff Powell) will be there with a booth. I've been going every year as long as I can remember.

Will be there with my better half and a grandson Sat AM. :biggrin:

jleiwig

It wasn't as good as years past. Nothing that just knocked my socks off like past years. I saw Jeff's booth, but couldn't get within 10 feet for all the people around it. He was having fun I can tell you that. Big ole smile on his face!

WoodCarverOH

I agree not as good as in the past but still good. Many of the big name artist were there including The editor of magazines Ms. Flowers.
I did get a chance to talk with Jeff and his wife for about 10 min :biggrin:.
I showed him my rendition of the the gecko pen I finished yesterday I will post picture of it tomorrow

Top Bottom