ARRRRGGGGG,,,what a disappointment

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevers

Finally ready to try good cast, had the right PR, prepped the media as perfect as I could, did everything as carefully as I could, measured for my necessary amount of resin, everything seems perfect,,,,,,,,,,,,then I open the quart can of Castin'craft's clear casting resin and out comes a glob of thick, viscous jelly!!! AAARRRRRRGGGGG!!!!!!!
What did I do to deserve this Lord, did I brag about my paint pot too much? I just can't believe my luck. I'll bet that resin has been on the shelf of this little mom and pop shop for years.
Now it looks like I get to wait until I can order some on line and have it shipped to me. And a Friend just told me he has been waiting since July 5th for his to come. AAARRRRRGGGGGG!!!! I'm never going to get to cast anything. Patients is not a virtue for me.

OK, I'm done venting. Thanks for listening.

Oh, and look what I paid for this jelly,,,,,,,
200771734241_first%20cast%20attempt%20550.jpg

And, Yes, It's going back tomorrow.

Now I'm done.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

polarbear1

Yikes! find MR fiberglass on line and get some similar 41 it's $40 a gallon shipped and makes lots of pens. But they have to ship ground and it takes about 10 days for me to get it, your a few hours closer to them than I am so it may take about the same for you to get it.

stevers

Hey Rick,
I had Mr. Fiberglass send me an invoice. He wants $15.30 for shipping. Does that sound right? It comes out to $46.24 total. Is that what you pay?

its_virgil

I'm not Rick, but that price is what mrfiberglass is currently charging. He has had to raise the shipping price from $10.xx to $15.30 because the ground shippers have raised the rate for these chemicals. When I first started casting, I was getting it shipped in for about $34 per gallon and the price has been rising ever since....chemicals, fuel, oil prices...it all adds up.
Do a good turn daily~
Don
Originally posted by stevers
<br />Hey Rick,
I had Mr. Fiberglass send me an invoice. He wants $15.30 for shipping. Does that sound right? It comes out to $46.24 total. Is that what you pay?

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Bummer, Steve!!

Do you have a Michaels Craft Supply near you? They carry the same resin.

Or... Patience is a virtue. [:D]

GK
edit: PS my resin from MrFiberglass showed up yesterday. I'm in Texas on business so won't get to even see it until Wed. [:(]

stevers

I wish they would just ship without the MEKP. Then it wouldn't be. The local auto parts/paint store found some, the guy said without the MEKP, he can ship air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom