Arizona group Buy ---Please read

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
After looking over my work schedule and then reading the terms of running a group buy, listed on the AS website under "shipping terms and information" I have decided that I can not put in the time required to run this buy properly. I also am not comfortable taking on the financial responsibility that would be involved in this right now. If anyone is interested in taking this buy over, please contact me and I will fill you in on the particulars.
I apologize to anyone that is upset about this, but after speaking with Bill (who was very nice about everything) I have chosen to not do this buy.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

louisbry

Although I am disappointed, I can fully understand you not wanting to do the group buy after reading the AS position on group buys. Bill does not seem to want to accept any responsibility for defects or missing parts. I can not imagine inspecting all the kits in a huge group buy for functionality and/or missing parts within 5 days.

jheater

Thanks for considering the group buy Woftat. I went back and read the information indicated on Bill's sight. He makes it difficult to conduct a group buy, i'm sorry i brought up the subject. Is there another source that i don't know about for El Grande's? I have only purchased kits from CUSA and AS.

chriselle

Totally understandable.
Dang, all I want are a couple closed end mandrels but this no international shipping policy is really making that difficult. Are there any kind souls out there who can help me out? I'll pay you for your efforts.

Cheers,

Chris

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Canada post isn't cheap, that's for sure! I would think that something small like a closed end mandrel could fit in an envelope though, don't you think?

If Bill and Lilian can't do that for you, you could always have it sent here, and I could mail it to you - just an option if you can't find it elsewhere, or if WWoodwrite can't ship it via envelope to you..

chriselle

Canada post isn't cheap, that's for sure! I would think that something small like a closed end mandrel could fit in an envelope though, don't you think?

If Bill and Lilian can't do that for you, you could always have it sent here, and I could mail it to you - just an option if you can't find it elsewhere, or if WWoodwrite can't ship it via envelope to you..

I'll send him an email about it. My parents live in Victoria and we tried the send it to Victoria and then surface to Japan. I can't quite remember but I think I ended up not saving much in the long run. Thank you for the offer.

Cheers,

Chris

louisbry

Totally understandable.
Dang, all I want are a couple closed end mandrels but this no international shipping policy is really making that difficult. Are there any kind souls out there who can help me out? I'll pay you for your efforts.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Chris,
I sent you some spalted hackberry blanks and I think the postage for a internationsl flat rate envelope was approx. $14 (don't remember exact amt.) If you can handle postage cost to me plus flat rate to you I could help you out. You do the math and let me know.

Russianwolf

Hi Chris,
I sent you some spalted hackberry blanks and I think the postage for a internationsl flat rate envelope was approx. $14 (don't remember exact amt.) If you can handle postage cost to me plus flat rate to you I could help you out. You do the math and let me know.

What Louis said. I've made this an open offer to anyone that wants stuff from BB but is outside of the states. So far, I think only one person has taken me up on the offer.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Thanks for the offer, Mike - we foreigners certainly appreciate it! :)

The reason I haven't had to take you up on it is that I find it easier to buy my kits elsewhere than have to deal with the extra hassle and expense of two shipments - especially when our dollar is low again...William Woodwrite carries a lot of the same things as AS, so it's just easier to go through them for a lot of us!

But we appreciate the offer!

Andrew

arioux

Hi,

Just a little math to explain why most of us don't tke on your offer even is we really appreciate it..

Baron chrome rollerball unit price WW = $10.95 cdn
Baron chrome rollerball unit price BB = $8.99 us or $10.51 cdn. (today's rate)
And he has the same volume discount structure.

I think Willian is doing a good job maintaining his price competitive even with a weaker CDN$ so he don't loose all his business to US dealer.

But again like many others, i really do appreciate that some IAP folks take the time to offer us this kind of service. It can comes handy at times.

Russianwolf

Oh, even I peruse William's Site every now and again. I love seeing exactly the blanks that I'll be getting. My offer is more for the items that Bill stocks that William doesn't.

I recall one of the big items the person wanted was some of the Diamondback blanks (before Dawn started offering hers) and a closed end mandrel iirc.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Thanks for considering the group buy Woftat. I went back and read the information indicated on Bill's sight. He makes it difficult to conduct a group buy, i'm sorry i brought up the subject. Is there another source that i don't know about for El Grande's? I have only purchased kits from CUSA and AS.
Please understand that Bill did not do anything wrong, he has his policy for his protection. He was a perfect gentleman (no offense meant) and I will still be ordering from him when I need something that he carries. There is no reason to not order from him.

outfitter

CSUSA does have flat rate shipping of $5. That makes it a little easier to break up the cost. I'd be in for about 10 kits.

jheater

I have not the experience here at IAP to run a group buy, but would it be possible to run several group buys by pen make in order to get the desired group discounts?

chriselle

I just want to say thank you to everyone who has offered to help me out. It's a testament to the good people that make this site the great place that it is. I will be taking someone up on your offer but the response kind of caught me off guard and I have to figure out exactly what it is I need..lol.

Hey, Louis. Yes, I remember. I still have one or two of those hackberry blanks left. They are a good seller.:wink: The flat rate envelopes are a really great value. I wish Canada Post had that option as well.

jttheclockman

Well I can not run it. I have no idea how to. I do know I need to buy some kits soon. Hope my kits from the last group by get here soon.

Borg_B_Borg

What AS does with the disclaimer and waiver is to spell out what is already implicitly true in any group buy. Don't you think? That is, the person placing the group buy is taking the financial responsibility. That is true of all group buys I am aware of from day one. That disclaimer really doesn't change anything significant. You can get around the five-day time limit by not disclosing it as a group buy. Just treat it as a "your own buy" instead of a group buy.

Steve

After looking over my work schedule and then reading the terms of running a group buy, listed on the AS website under "shipping terms and information" I have decided that I can not put in the time required to run this buy properly. I also am not comfortable taking on the financial responsibility that would be involved in this right now.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
That disclaimer really doesn't change anything significant. You can get around the five-day time limit by not disclosing it as a group buy. Just treat it as a "your own buy" instead of a group buy.

Steve
That would be dishonest and would be very disrespectful to Bill. I'm not going to do that to anyone much less a fellow Marine. Please feel free to do as you wish, but I don't think it would work out too well for you. For some reason, I think it would or at the least should violate some rule reguarding group buys on the IAP forum.

Last edited:

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
What AS does with the disclaimer and waiver is to spell out what is already implicitly true in any group buy. Don't you think? That is, the person placing the group buy is taking the financial responsibility. That is true of all group buys I am aware of from day one. That disclaimer really doesn't change anything significant. You can get around the five-day time limit by not disclosing it as a group buy. Just treat it as a "your own buy" instead of a group buy.

Steve

Actually the 5 day limit also applies to individual orders as well, read the terms of service.
With that said, I'm closing this thread as it appears there will be no AS group Buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom