Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Mik, you need to start an expatriate's woodturning group... maybe start a resurgence of Esperanto as the universal woodturning language.... LOL... Of course the first time you mention Esperanto someone is going to ask what the grain looks like and how well does it turn and finish... LOL

Daniel

As far as Penturning I don't see a lot that the AAW offers. but for turning in general it is worth it. I need to get hooked up with my local club just to get some eyes on about how to actually use the turnign tools. I've always jsut figured it out myslef, but will never get really good that way. also the magazine is worht the dues to AAW alone if for nothing but the Awe factor.
Originally posted by ldimick
<br />Just a general comment that is sparked by Drew's exhortation to join:

I would like to join a local club. So I spent many hours online checking them out. The local one for me is Orange County. If I remember correctly they have a Yahoo group. I tried to join the group in November but I was politely told I had to attend a meeting first.

Normally that is not a problem but they did not have a 'normal' December meeting so I was basically told I could not join them, learn from them, or associate with them for 60 days. Not a very friendly approach in my opinion.

I find that I spend most of my pen-surfing time here because there is good information, a friendly and supportive attitude, and I can ignore the noise if I want to. Exactly what I would hope to find in a local club, but because of an exclusionary policy I was not able to determine if it exists.

As fasr as AAW goes they do not seem to have enough to offer me (from what I have seen on their website) to bother with. Am I wrong?

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
If you are a member of a local club and wish to do turning demo's at a club sanctioned event, then you should be a member of the AAW so their insurance will cover you and the club in case of accidents. And they have a really nice magazine four times a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom