Are the Aero bushings the same as the elegant sierra bushings?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Nickfff

Hello,
I recieved some Aero pens from CSUSA but forgot to get bushings.

Are the bushings the same as the AZSil elegant sierra or sierra bushings?

Thanks in advance for the help,
Nick

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

igran7

Nope. The Aero bushings are the same as the Original Dayacom Elegant Beauty sold by Aaron at laulauwood and Anthony at penworks. The sierra and "Sierra" Elegant Beauty are Berea kits. The brass tubes are a different diameter.

Does the CSUSA Elegant Beauty use the same design as the Sierra with respect to the wood body/tube and finial being suspended from the transmission assembly? I.e. is it the same as the Sierra with just a different bushing size?

igran7

Does the CSUSA Elegant Beauty use the same design as the Sierra with respect to the wood body/tube and finial being suspended from the transmission assembly? I.e. is it the same as the Sierra with just a different bushing size?

The Dayacom original Version of the Elegant Beauty (sold as Aero by CSUSA) is a completely different pen kit than Berea's version. The overall pen length is shorter, tubes a different diameter, the transmission is in the top finial instead of the bottom. The Berea version is basically a Sierra pen kit with new clothes.

You can do a search through the archives to see a picture of the two kits side by side.

penmanship

icon1.gif
Not all Elegants are created equally......
I thought I'd post this little tidbit-o information for everyone. It wasn't until I actually bought the "Elegant Beauty" that I found out there was a difference in size in comparison to the "Elegant Sierra". When I bought them, I was under the impression that the Elegant Beauty used the same tooling as the regular Siearra kit. Not so.......Here are the differences I found:

"EB" uses a 23/64 drill bit
"ES" uses a 27/64" drill bit
"EB" has the transmission press fit right into the cap
"ES" transmission & cap are seperate pieces
"EB" uses different sized bushings (no kidding.....thanks for that Captain Obvious
biggrin.gif
)
"EB" Overall length = 5.0"
"ES" Overall length = 5.25"

Both = are fantastic!! Great weight, very nice fit & finish.
Either way, you can't go wrong...............

Last edited:

igran7

icon1.gif
Not all Elegants are created equally......
I thought I'd post this little tidbit-o information for everyone. It wasn't until I actually bought the "Elegant Beauty" that I found out there was a difference in size in comparison to the "Elegant Sierra". When I bought them, I was under the impression that the Elegant Beauty used the same tooling as the regular Siearra kit. Not so.......Here are the differences I found:

"EB" uses a 23/64 drill bit
"ES" uses a 27/64" drill bit
"EB" has the transmission press fit right into the cap
"ES" transmission & cap are seperate pieces
"EB" uses different sized bushings (no kidding.....thanks for that Captain Obvious
biggrin.gif
)
"EB" Overall length = 5.0"
"ES" Overall length = 5.25"

Both = are fantastic!! Great weight, very nice fit & finish.
Either way, you can't go wrong...............

Attached Thumbnails

Good info. I think there is confusion because the Berea version "Sierra Elegant Beauty" is assumed to be the original Daycom Elegant Beauty. The Sierra and the Sierra Elegant Beauty by Berea are in fact the exact same kit, but look a little different. The dayacom version & Aero kits sold by CSUSA completely different kits all together.

Top Bottom