Are Jr. Statesman and Jr. Emperor tubes the same?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I have only made one Jr. Emperor and I have a client that wants a Jr. Statesman EXACTLY like the Jr. Emperor. He is willing to pay $150 for it but the pen he wants is a piece of Mescalbean that is unlike any that I have had before and he needs it for a birthday present this weekend. It apears to me that the Jr. Gent, Jr. Statesman, and Jr. Emperor all use the same tubes. I do not have an unassembled Jr. Emperor to measure to verify though.

Does anyone know if they are the same? The CSUSA catalog has the spare tubes with differen part numbers so that seems to indicate that they are not the same. If they are indeed the same then I will simply disassemble the Jr. Emperor and reassemble it as a Jr. Statesman!

Thanks for any feedback you can provide.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Thanks, Tom. I knew they used the same bits and different bushings. The thing that made me ask the question is that the spare tubes for both the Jr. Gent and Jr. Statesman share the same part number but the spares for the Jr. Emperor uses a different part number and are more expensive. Is this just CSUSA's way of making extra money off of the higher end kit buyers or is there really a difference in the tubes??

reed43

The Jr. Emperor has a straight bottom barrel and the Jr. Statesman bottom barrel is tapered.You may see a ridge at the finel end. My bushings for this end measure .513 for the Jr. Emperor and .477 for the Jr. Statesman. Hope this helps. Reed

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Thanks, Guys. I didn't make myself completely clear. I knew the sizes would be different and had planned to have to turn down the Jr. E at the finial end. I guess now we can gripe and moan as to why CSUSA is sticking it to the higher end kit buyers. The Jr. Gent and Jr. Statesman spare tubes cost $.45 per set. The Jr. E. tubes cost $.60. Sure that is only $.15 but it is the principle of it. I have just lost a little respect for them if they are indeed the exact same thing with just different part numbers and prices.

CaptG

I just checked my bushings. The Jr. Emp. bushings for the short barrel are both .569 and Jr. Statesman are both .567, no big deal. The bushings for long barrel on Jr. Emp are BOTH .515 and the Jr. Statesman are .512 on one end and .480 on the other end. You will have to turn the one end down to match up with the end cap coupler. Hope this helps.

CaptG

between the time I typed the first reply and the second, there were three other replies that did not show on my screen untill I changed forums and switched back,lol.[:D]

Randy_

According to information that I have been given for my Pen Reference Chart, the Jr. Gent/Statesman II tubes are the same diameter as the Jr. Emperor tubes. Lower tubes are the same length; but there is a significant difference in the upper tube lengths. Can't be sure whether the difference is real as I have neither kit available to confirm the measurements.

If someone could measure their tubes and confirm the information I have, I would appreciate it very much.

Jr. Gent/Statesman II upper tube = 1.900"

Jr. Emperor upper tube = 1.857"

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by Randy_
<br />According to information that I have been given for my Pen Reference Chart, the Jr. Gent/Statesman II tubes are the same diameter as the Jr. Emperor tubes. Lower tubes are the same length; but there is a significant difference in the upper tube lengths. Can't be sure whether the difference is real as I have neither kit available to confirm the measurements.

If someone could measure their tubes and confirm the information I have, I would appreciate it very much.

Jr. Gent/Statesman II upper tube = 1.900"

Jr. Emperor upper tube = 1.857"

Randy, those differences could be batch to batch or where/how the tubes are measured.

Rifleman1776

MM, I would suggest that CS tech support would be the best source for that kind of information. A free phone call away.
As to the gripe about pricing, it sounds like a legitamate complaint. I would send Eric an e-mail with a link to this thread and ask him why the price difference for the (apparently) same item. He is the marketing director. It is his job to keep customers happy. I have found that with <b>legitimate</b> complaints he/CS will do what is necessary to right a wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom