Arctic Rage II: The Return Of The Revenge

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

427558_397305090329562_2081938477_n.jpg

558279_397305176996220_1804611024_n.jpg

Figured I'd have some fun with naming the blank. This is a home-cast, not my most recent work. It's been on tubes for about a week and I finally felt like making it dizzy. If the title was misleading, blame the Olympics. Calling it the XXX Games on my TV listing set me up for a HUGE disappointment.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jjartwood

The blank is a real sleeper,it looks innocent enough but I find myself looking at it and
seeing a city skyline under the daytime space effect.
Cool blank

Drstrangefart

Where is the center band?

Just kidding !!! Looks great.

Ummmm.... About that... I need to make myself a new centerband squaring jig. I've been meaning to. The first one disappeared during the rush to get my stuff out of the house before divorce papers were drawn up. I think I can make a better one if I cam figure oit a better clamping system than modified pliers.

OOPS

I have really enjoyed looking at your home cast blanks. You seem to be improving at a rapid pace. Thanks for posting them.

Drstrangefart

I have really enjoyed looking at your home cast blanks. You seem to be improving at a rapid pace. Thanks for posting them.

Thanks! A lot of credit goes to Brooks803. He laid down a lot of the basics over lunch a good while back, which got me through my first 12 or so blanks, and then it got put on hold for about a year. Recently I managed to build a vertical casting station, which really helped with the quality of the blanks, and I used up all of the resin I had available within about 3 days. I still have some more home casts to turn, but I need more raw materials to keep practicing on. I will say that being able to cast is very gratifying. It really makes the work a lot more personal when you're working with a blank you made yourself.

Top Bottom