AR15 build pic (** GUN pic **)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LagniappeRob

I broke a tooth... Dentist says it got too infected to work on. So I'm on antibiotics and pain meds so no going anywhere near the lathe right now. Know it sounds strange, but I've been tinkering on the AR15 build instead. Everything is just hand tightened and basically fitment checking at this point. Not taking a wrench anywhere near it right now. No ammo has been anywhere near this thing yet, so worst I could do is pinch myself (done it already).

Kevlar Reinforced Polymer lower
DPMS 16" 4140 HBAR Barrel (1x9 Twist)
DPMS upper/BCG - 5.56 NATO chamber (.223)
Magpul MOE stock, grip, handguards
A2 front sight/gas block
Magpul MBUS Back Up (flip up) rear sight
AAC Blackout flash hider

Attachments

• 20131209_223937-sm.jpg
    20131209_223937-sm.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 260
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

longbeard

WooHoooo!!!! If ya need someone to test fire it for ya, let me know. She's a sweatheart. Nice job on the build. The AR should be alot safer than the lathe anyhow, meds or no meds :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Cmiles1985

Very nice! I wish I could say that my build is this far along. Unfortunately, I am only at having an Anderson LR and the 6-position stock (can't remember brand right off hand). I just really wanted to get the serial numbered part before the fit hit the shan with the gov't gun grabbers!

Again, it looks like you've got a good build going on, and good luck with the tooth!!

LagniappeRob

On Pain meds so stay away from the lathe, But lets play with a gun.

Is there some hidden threat in what you just posted there?

No not at all Ed, just thought it was kind of funny. Sorry did not mean to upset anyone.

I'm not upset - I think it's a bit funny too on the surface. But then it does make some sense in that no live (or even dummy) ammo nearby, and it's only hand tight at this point. I did pinch myself pretty bad - strong spring.

LagniappeRob

UGH!!!! You people and your AR's make me sick...... and jealous I WANT ONE!!!!!!! Nice work on that.

Just start... That particular setup (modeled after DPMS MOE Warrior) runs < $1000 ($1195 list, but I've seen it low $9xx as a finished/complete setup). No reason it even needs to be near that. I paid somewhere a little north of half. Start with a stripped lower and LPK, and just keep building as you can afford or parts go on sale, etc. The nice part of building your own is that you can pick your components for your build exactly as you want it.

edstreet

Did not upset at all but I was questioning the intelligence of what you posted tho. He did clearly say things were not bolted down and from the photo it's very clear he's still in design stage than range testing phase.

On Pain meds so stay away from the lathe, But lets play with a gun.

Is there some hidden threat in what you just posted there?

No not at all Ed, just thought it was kind of funny. Sorry did not mean to upset anyone.

Top Bottom