Apple Coral FP with a Tease!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jmbaker79

jmbaker79

So this is a Project I have been working on that has been on hold for awhile. I was able to complete these 1 and 1/2 pens recently and wanted to share them with you...Well not completely Complete, you get the picture...

First up is a segmented Jr. Gent with Grained white acrylic and Genuine Apple Coral from the waters along southern China. This coral features various hues of red and orange, and has a very porous appearance. You can zoom in and see the coral structure of this writing instrument. This is like turning Stone, and was quite a challenge to drill, turn, and finish. Paired up with a Bock Polished Nib.

For A little teaser we have its older brother here, a full sized statesman dressed in Macassar Ebony, and Genuine Tiger Coral. This one is also complete with a #6 Bock Polished Nib. I have yet to finish the cap for this one, and plan on making two because I cant decide on how it should look exactly. One is on the lathe missing a few coats of CA, just looking for the time to get back to it...The other one is simply in pieces in my mind! Hope to have it up over the weekend, and it will receive its own thread!

Thanks For looking, C&C welcome!

Attachments

• APCoral.jpg
    APCoral.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 256
  • APCoral2.jpg
    APCoral2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 218
  • TIGC1.jpg
    TIGC1.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 257
  • TigC2.jpg
    TigC2.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 176
  • CTW1.jpg
    CTW1.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 183
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

I love that ebony pen. Very cool how you did the coral. As a diver, I'd love to be able to do something like that. How did you get the coral?

jmbaker79

Thanks Guys, I picked up the Coral from a local company, sorta :rolleyes: Its not very forgiving, I promise! I hope to continue to work with this material in the future. I hope to get the tiger up early this coming week, as the weekend has been ate up for me already!

Top Bottom