Anyone tried this glue?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodkiller

It's loctite go2 and the guy at the store tells me it is just like ca glue. Has anyone tried it yet?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 189
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Allen_B

I got it for gluing tubes and it does work great. I've applied it and turned a pen after letting it set for less than an hour. It takes longer than some CA that I've used. I was going to use it for a finish, but it's like elephant snot and I didn't think it would work good.

Glue..

I have just tried to glue a segmented piece (bowl) with it & had disastrous results..I don't like it at all but have not tried it to glue tubes in..I have even heard that Gorilla glue works to glue tubes in BUT, I am sticking with medium or thick CA.:bulgy-eyes:

My local pen suplly when out of bussness about 2 years ago and left me out in the cold.
I don't know where to buy CA glue locally or order it. If someone could PM me with web site I would be grateful . Frank Nemke sr.

Woodkiller

Exotic blanks has some as well as a few of the other vendors that post here. Any one if them would be a good choice to get some. I have been looking locally and you just can't get it in any decent quantity without spending 10 times more than I can get it at woodcraft. The best thing to do is just place an order with one of the vendors on this site and add in some ca with it. :)

Woodkiller

So from what I gather it's good for glue ups and any use that thick ca would be used for, but not for finishing and it takes a little longer to set up. No problem, I'll get a bottle of that and a bottle of thin ca, and that just might do for me. Thanks for the input.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
It's loctite go2 and the guy at the store tells me it is just like ca glue. Has anyone tried it yet?
Not sure how it can be "just like ca glue" since it contains no cyanoacrylate. The main component, according to the MSDS is benzene (10-30%), trimethoxyvinylsilane (1-5%) and methanol (0-0.1%). Doesn't list what the remaining components are. Also, according to the TDS, the cured adhesive cannot be removed from clothing and is not soluble in any solvent.
When applying the glue you are told to hold or clamp parts together for at least 30 minute.
Doesn't sound anything like CA glue to me.
Now, all said, this doesn't mean it can't be used to glue in tubes, but since it takes about 5 minutes to dry and there apparently is no accelerator, it may not work well as a finish.

rblakemore

I m experimenting with it for other uses; and, successfully, but, not for tubes and blanks yet. I have moved to epoxy over CA and am reluctant to try something else yet.

Top Bottom