anyone tried these buff wheels?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ahoiberg

i use HF buffing wheels. not those exact ones but the one you can insert into a drill press. it's worked just fine for me. all i do is white diamond buffing, but if i were to add tripoli or carnauba to my routine, i'd definitely just buy two more HF wheels. i'm sure they're not as nice as the beall ones but they've gotten me exactly where i've wanted to go.

its_virgil

While on the subject of buffing wheels, does anyone know of a good way to clean them. Mine are beginning to get buffing compound collecting on the wheels and I would like to clean them up a little. They are not dirty from buffing metal like brass, just compound collecting on them.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Awoodfan

You can buy what is called a wheel rake where most buffing wheels are sold or if you are a tight wad like myself you can fold up a used bandsaw blade (preferably like 3 tpi) then wrap duct tape around both ends to be used as handles leaving about 4-6 " of exposed blade in the center to be used as a rake to clean the wheels.

Be sure and go easy as it will be very catchy no matter which one you use.

Ron

www.woodfan.com

Firefyter-emt

They make a special "Buff Rake" to clean buffing wheels. You can get them from Eastwood for about $12.00 They also have some really nice compounds & pads too.

p1432.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom