Anyone ordered from?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

scotirish

I ordered from http://penmakingsupplies.com/ which is part of http://www.steebar.com/. I am not one who makes pens and other things to sell, I give them to family or keep the myself, sooooooooo compared to some others, my order was very small. They sent all but one item costing a mere $7.85 + tax and shipping. The cost is not the issue, they sent me notice that this item is "temporarily out of stock" and would be sent as soon as it was. I paid for it with the initial order. I have sent two e-mail's and received no response. I have called numerous times and either a busy signal or request for a number to be entered.
Pardon the rambling, but has anyone had a problem with them and if so, how did you resolve it?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gloucester

Originally posted by scotirish

I ordered from http://penmakingsupplies.com/ which is part of http://www.steebar.com/. I am not one who makes pens and other things to sell, I give them to family or keep the myself, sooooooooo compared to some others, my order was very small. They sent all but one item costing a mere $7.85 + tax and shipping. The cost is not the issue, they sent me notice that this item is "temporarily out of stock" and would be sent as soon as it was. I paid for it with the initial order. I have sent two e-mail's and received no response. I have called numerous times and either a busy signal or request for a number to be entered.
Pardon the rambling, but has anyone had a problem with them and if so, how did you resolve it?

darrenjttu

I had a problem when I tried to make a small order. They charged my account and then never sent it. I finally got it two months later after I called and finally spoke to someone.

gloucester

I ordered from them the first week of Dec., after a week I called to get a tracking #. I must haved called 20 times in 2 days without an answer. Then sent a couple of emails without an answer, on the third day of calling, a busy signal all day long, about a week later a guy answered and said that out of 10 different things I ordered 1 was out of stock and would ship within a day or so. @ 10 days latter I got the UPS package which is only 1 day from here, with the missing part still missing but billed, they arrived @ 2 weeks later. I will never ever order again from them.

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
I also ordered from them as they were the closest supplier to me. After a lengthy wait, I emailed for information as their website instructions. After 2 emails requesting the status and sending one with an received and read receipt,( to verify that they got it)- no response. A few days later the shipment arrived. Needless to say, I ordered from an IAPP member, Ernie at Beartooth and got far faster service and excellent communication. And 4 days later, I had my order from Colorado to VT. Unlike 2 weeks from NJ to me as in Steebar. They've seen the last of me. [^]

jwoodwright

Don't want to bad mouth any company, but if I did, steebar would be number one.

Now, Ryan and the gang at Woodturningz, are great with top notch service. Find them on the home page... They're so good, they get busy, however, they never leave you wondering...

Randy_

Steebar is the most disreputable company I have ever dealt with!! You are wasting your time sending them emails as they will not respond. If you talk to them on the phone, they will tell you their email system is broken and they are working on it. It has been broken for more than a year??

You will have better luck contacting them using this phone number:
1-800-653-1930......after 10 AM and before 4 PM. but don't expect to resolve your problem any quicker. You will think you are talking to a snake oil salesman.:(:(:(

For the small amount involved, I wouldn't mess with them.....not worth the aggravation. Just file a claim with your credit card company and move on.

Celt40

I also have had the same thing happen to me. Ordered from Steebar.I sent for a cutter that cuts pen blanks and drills the 7mm hole at the same time. The 7mm drill bit was in stock but not the actual cutter. I have received bit but you guessed it i am still waiting for cutter.
As i live in the UK it is not practical for me to phone to chase this up. I have e-mailed but nothing. I now wonder after reading this post if i will ever receive anything again.

scotirish

I also contacted my credit card co. and will receive the amount back for the non delivered item. I also had them put a flag on their site to watch. :D:D:D Thanks for the idea Harry!

MrWoody

I have looked at their website and was considering using them for a few items, thanks for the heads up I just deleted their website from my favorites.

You would think they would want to keep customers not loose them!

Top Bottom