Anyone in the GIS field, and willing to give some tips???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GrantH

I am looking for some type of a mentor/advice giver of sorts. I graduate college with a degree in GIS w/ a 2.4 overall (not great) but a 2.99 in major coursework (not bad). I've been trying to find a job since October of 2010 with no luck. I don't have any way of knowing if I am doing wrong on my resume, my approach, or if I simply don't have what it takes to get a shoe in.

If anyone is in the industry and would mind looking over my resume, or share different avenues of job searches I would be greatly appreciative. I loved the lab work I did in school, and would love to advance those skills. I wouldn't still be searching daily if I wasn't interested as much as I am.

I've taken coursework in GIS, Remote Sensing, Cultural, as well as others.

Anyways, i'll end my post here, I think my request is clear...anything is of some help at this point. I appreciate it all!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GaryMGg

PM me your resume; I earned a Master's Degree with a GIS specialization
and was a GIS applications developer for many years.
I know a few people in the industry. :biggrin:

GrantH

I am looking for ANYTHING I can get. Survey/Analyst/Technician...literally anything in the field. I love doing this stuff, just having a hard time. I would like to be away from Oil, but i'm looking into that as well.

Top Bottom