Anyone ever tried Loctite GO2 glue?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

campzeke

About a month ago there was a thread here about what you use to glue your tubes in place. Has anyone tried the Loctite GO2 glue. I have used it for a couple other projects and found it to perform quite well. It is fairly thick like epoxy and seems to have some elasticity with a 30 minute set time and 24 hour cure time.

csr67

I have not tried it. I went from CA to 5 minute epoxy and then settled on Gorilla Glue for all my tubes. No issues since I started using gorilla glue. I dunk the blank in water, insert a glue covered tube, and use a piece of blue painters tape wrapped around the blank to prevent any movement when the glue foams out. I can glue up 20 blanks in the time in took me to do a few with epoxy.

vakmere

I have used Loctite blue and red with success. There is time to position a tube and it sets within 5 minutes. Even works with back painted acrylic. For larger tubes I'll use the end of a large Sharpie to push in a tube which will clear the hole enough for trimming. CA is less forgiving and you have to work fast. I have found that thick CA will allow more time to position a tube without fear of setting up too quickly.

Top Bottom