Anyone Else Have This Problem???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Craftdiggity

So I start pouring my resin into small silicone containers. Next I pull out my Mica assortment (I got a sample kit of all the colors). My wife walks up and starts poking through them. I thought that she was going to suggest some colors for blanks, but when she started putting some packets aside, warning flags started shooting up all over the place.:confused: Turns out that this stuff is like gold for makeup junkies. So now I'm down 10 - 15 percent of my total color collection. :mad::mad::mad:

Not to worry...I snatched her silicone muffin pan a week ago and cut it up into "resin mixing dishes". She still hasn't noticed.:laugh:

Chris

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

You gotta hide your stash, dude!

Jewelry making is more addictive to women than crack cocaine! They'll take your stuff.

Signed,
Husband and Victim of a Jewelry maker.

P.S. you'll find that those "Billy Mays" silicone muffin pans that are worthless in the kitchen are PURE GOLD in the PR casting department!

ldb2000

Chris , besides make up if she is into candle making or bath oil and soap making your entire supply of Mica's are in danger . The plus side is you have an excuse to go through coastal scents website with her and order more .

Craftdiggity

The plus side is you have an excuse to go through coastal scents website with her and order more .

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

And go to the website WITH HER????? Are you nutz?

She has no idea where these puppies came from. I'll be dammed if I tell her where I got them, and DOUBLE dammed if I ever go there with her.:wink:

No, Sir. I think I'll call this a "cost of doing business" expense. Sort of like a mafia payoff.:rolleyes:

Chris

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Just view it as a tax paid to a higher authority than the county, state or nation.

capcrnch

Not to worry...I snatched her silicone muffin pan a week ago and cut it up into "resin mixing dishes". She still hasn't noticed.:laugh:

lol
Did you find that you were saying to yourself "Whatever, I stole your muffin pan"? as like your way of saying "I already got you back, you just don't know it yet"..

I do that and it tends to make me feel better. And more evil. :biggrin:

KDM

Don't worry too much. Have a rifle through her "outsized" beads collection. (Assuming she doesn't hide her stash.) I did this in my wife's craft kit and have pilfered some tibentan sliver beads which are gonna make brilliant finials!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek: And go to the website WITH HER????? Are you nutz?

Ooooow. Going online shopping with your wife is even more sad than going real-life shopping....

Ref the muffin pans, my wife noticed that I'd made silicone moulds and wants to know if I can make some custom (heart-shaped) moulds for baking. I used bathroom sealant for my moulds. Anyone know how this will hold up in the oven?

Last edited:
Don't worry too much. Have a rifle through her "outsized" beads collection. (Assuming she doesn't hide her stash.) I did this in my wife's craft kit and have pilfered some tibentan sliver beads which are gonna make brilliant finials!!

Ooooow. Going online shopping with your wife is even more sad than going real-life shopping....

Ref the muffin pans, my wife noticed that I'd made silicone moulds and wants to know if I can make some custom (heart-shaped) moulds for baking. I used bathroom sealant for my moulds. Anyone know how this will hold up in the oven?

No. You need food-grade silicone for making bakeware.

Top Bottom