Anybody Turn Peruvian Walnut?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

joeatact

I have turned this wood a few times. It turns easily and finishes nicely. Its dark I am sorry I don't have any pictures of the pens I made with it. Or at least I cannot find any. If I do I will send them along

its_virgil

A nice wood. Nothing unusual to look out for. Color is very nice. Here is a picture of a gavel pen I make and the wood is peruvian walnut.
Do a good turn daily!

Don

20066835713_gavel%20open%20and%20closed.jpg
<br />

Originally posted by challagan
<br />Thanks guys. Woodturningz has a sale on it so I thought I would try some. 20 blanks for 10.00

Corey

challagan

Originally posted by its_virgil
<br />A nice wood. Nothing unusual to look out for. Color is very nice. Here is a picture of a gavel pen I make and the wood is peruvian walnut.
Do a good turn daily!

Don

Excellent Don and that is pretty cool, thanks for taking the time to post the photo.

Corey

angboy

Originally posted by its_virgil
<br />A nice wood. Nothing unusual to look out for. Color is very nice. Here is a picture of a gavel pen I make and the wood is peruvian walnut.
Do a good turn daily!

Don

20066835713_gavel%20open%20and%20closed.jpg
<br />

Originally posted by challagan
<br />Thanks guys. Woodturningz has a sale on it so I thought I would try some. 20 blanks for 10.00

Corey

Wow Don, that is a great pen! Very creative. It looks so much like a real gavel, it'd be funny to see some judge go to pick it up and have his hand pull back with only the pen in it! That'd be great for a judge to have on his desk- he could play practical jokes on all his friends, watching them pick it up. [}:)]

its_virgil

Angboy,
Thanks. Glad you like the gavel/pen. There are a few judges, lawyers, and civic club presidents who have one of my gavel pens. They make great gifts!...not from me, but from the people who bought the gavel/pens from me. I demoed the gavel pen at a symposium last fall. I could send you instructions if you like(shoot me an email). Don't want to post them here just yet, I'm working on submitting it for a woodworking publication.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
'
Originally posted by angboy
Wow Don, that is a great pen! Very creative. It looks so much like a real gavel, it'd be funny to see some judge go to pick it up and have his hand pull back with only the pen in it! That'd be great for a judge to have on his desk- he could play practical jokes on all his friends, watching them pick it up. [}:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom