Any pen turners associations in the South?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

doc

I'm quite the newbie to pen turning and to this site, but just as there seems to be few if any wood working shows that make it down here to the south Mississippi area, I'm not finding any pen turners associations or other types of pen turning venues down here in this vicinity. Does anyone know of any within a couple hundred miles? Thanks for all you assistance in advance. Steve

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

firewhatfire

Welcome to the group from central Alabama. There are a few Penturners in your area. You may want to search them out and start a group. There is a group that meet in Atlanta if your up for about 5-6 hour drive in September as they meet once a quarter. Look for a group associated with the american association of Woodturners they may meet close by also.

Last edited:

LagniappeRob

There's a guy in Long Beach (near the police station) that was I picked up my band saw from... Bob Smith. He may know about any associations around there. PM me a phone # or email, and I'll get it to him to give you a call. Great guy! Retired Seabee. Over in New Orleans, there's Bayou Woodturners (not pen specific - but does a have Capt. Eddie and Sarge). Sarge runs the Freedom Pen project team of Bayou Woodturners. The next meeting is this coming Saturday in Harahan, LA (pretty easy to get to from I-10). Here's the website: Bayou Woodturners - WELCOME TO BAYOU WOODTURNERS Think they're probably something close to you too. You might check the AAW site.

dbledsoe

Magnolia Woodturners Association meets every third Saturday in Magee. It's not all pens, but pens are part of it. If you are interested, pm me and I will give you directions. You would be very welcome to visit or join or whatever.

its_virgil

Lighthouse Woodturners ( D'Iberville (North Biloxi , MS )
Magnolia Woodturners, Inc ( Canton & Harrisburg, MS )
Web Site: http://www.magnoliawoodturners.org

I'm quite the newbie to pen turning and to this site, but just as there seems to be few if any wood working shows that make it down here to the south Mississippi area, I'm not finding any pen turners associations or other types of pen turning venues down here in this vicinity. Does anyone know of any within a couple hundred miles? Thanks for all you assistance in advance. Steve

Top Bottom