Any Navy Electronics Technicialns in the group?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

This week I saw a recent YouTube video and noticed the person was using a Simpson 260 multimeter. I remember in the 70's using these. On a whim, I checked and you can still buy these!!??!!!! :eek::eek:

That's staying power!:good::good:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Herb G

I have an old analog Triplett meter that still works.
I also own several digital Flukes, Volcons, and various other meters.

gtriever

Possibly the best Analog meter ever made. I still have a 260 in the original rolltop case, and it's still the best thing for tuning circuits to peak.

Mariner1

Well if you consider a ET Nuke an actual electronics technician, yep. Still have a simpson 260, just need to get new test leads for it. I use fluke digital meters a lot, but nothing beats the 260. Learned on one in the navy when the only digital meters we had were flukes designed to be kept on the work bench.

MRDucks2

Nope, Marine Aviation Electronics here. I remember being taught in Memphis A School (hmmm, Navy base) what a Simpson could do that the new digital meters couldn't. Of course time has changed things and we have handheld scopes the size of digital meters. Since I went O-Level in a rag outfit in Lemoore, CA (hmmm, another Navy base) we never used meters anyway. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom