Any knowledge of upcoming lathe specials?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cmiles1985

In about two weeks (depending on how much, if any, I spend at the gun show), I'll be purchasing a Jet 1221VS. Do any of you have any insight on upcoming specials that would be worth waiting for?
Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Codger

Sorry Clark...haven't heard or seen anything about another discount on Jet's 1221VS... You may have missed out as it was on sale for $799 for quite a while late last year. Thankfully, I bought one w/free shipping at that time and couldn't be more pleased!!! It was a perfect replacement for my Rikon 1216VS that I bought last year... Nothing really wrong with the Rikon (I'm now using it as a backup and a polishing system...) except it was a little light for heavier turnings that the 1221VS does with ease! If you purchase the 1221VS you'll love the lower speeds for drilling, sanding and roughing, plus the reverse and index capabilities... It's heavy, smooooooth and powerful...no detectable vibration, and great quality...Only problem that I can come up with, is that I wish it was 'powder coated vs painted...), but I'll just have to 'wax' it more often to keep it nice and shiny and clean looking! ;>)
No, it's not a BIG lathe, but just the right size to replace a smaller lathe in a small shop like mine...maybe one day, I'll win the lotto and be able to buy a new house so I can have a HUGE shop like those more fortunate that this old retiree!!! ;>) In the meantime, purchase the 1221VS...you LOVE it!!! Safe turning to you!

Dick Mahany

I just saw a promotion from Woodwerks Supply Ohio about a 10-15% sale on Jet tools during a special next weekend. Don't know about shipping charges. Also, I have found the folks at Toolnut to be very competitive if there are any available promotions.

Top Bottom