Any ideas for a thin rollerball or gel style pen?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbanen

Has anyone made a thin rollerball or gel(parker style) pen? Any ideas?

"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
PSi has an 8mm tube Premium designer PK-MONT PAR that uses the parker style refills, Woodcraft has the CLassic American Ball point kit. YOU could use one of the kits and make a slender body both top and bottom but you will have to custom make the Center band. Instead of using the ones provided in the kit. I am looking at both kits now and the PSI kit has a smaller diameter cap which would allow you to make the top thinner than the Wooodcraft kit, OF course you could always make a cape as well as the center band.

dexter0606

I made a Berea Flat Top American screw cap rollerball that was pretty good. Some people on the site gave it a bad rap but I liked it and so did my customer

thetalbott4

I actually make quite a few of the Penn State 8mm gel click. At first it was because my wife wanted some for a craft show, but after doing some, I really started like them. The blank length is critical and I CA the parts together because I have had a few loose ones. If you do that, be careful not to glue the click mechanism on accident. Not that I have or anything... They are fairly slim at .466.

ldb2000

It would be better to use Loctite Red instead of CA . The CA outgassing can destroy the plating very quickly and makes disassembly very hard if you should ever have to get the pen apart .

KD5NRH

Slimline Pro click pens are just a little thicker then a regular slimline and they come with the gel refills . PSI sells them .

+1 on the Slimline Pro; I've got a customer who just keeps ordering more and more of these for all his friends, and another one who's gotten four so far and won't even consider any other style. I think Woodturningz is getting tired of me calling to check stock on them, but that's their own fault for not keeping a whole pile on hand so I don't have to guess which finish I can do for somebody who needs four of them ASAP :wink:

Mark

I believe the Hart Double Twist from WC will work. It's an 8mm tube with Parker refill.
It operates like a cigar style (double twist). It's pretty slender.

Top Bottom