Any Delta BS 28-203 Owners out there

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Justturnin

I have a chance to pick up a Delta 28-203 BS off CL. Does anyone have one. Is $500 a good price? I am going to look at it tomorrow and if all goes well I will bring her home. Any input is appreciated. I was going to get the HF and doll it up but this one seems to have what I want for the same cost for the most part.

Here is the seller description. I am seeing about $300+ just in the 1st 4 accessories on it.

Delta 14" wood cutting band saw, Carter ball bearing guides top & bottom, tires like new, factory riser block (resaws 11 1/2"), quality Delta mobile base, dust collection pipe, 3/4 HP Marathon dual voltage motor set for 115v. One speed, not presently configured to cut metal. Complete with 3- 1/2" wide 4tpi blades and 1- 3/4" wide 7tpi blade. Made in U.S.A.

I don't know anything about the 28-203... my BS is a Delta 14" 28-276... it has an open base, I'm pretty sure it 3/4 HP motor... I've jury rigged it with a Grizzly riser so I can cut bigger pieces... for the most part, I have no complaints at all... I need to get a fence so I can make straighter cuts when doing blanks, but so far have managed with using a 1x2 and clamps... I don't think I paid quite what you're looking at as a purchase price... I got mine at Lowe's a couple of years back for just under $300.
'Course the riser is just over $100... don't know anything about the Carter guides... mine are stock that came with the saw... blades are about $15-$20 each for the 105" needed on the riser.

edit--I just looked up the 28-203 on Google images... other than a closed base, doesn't look much different from mine... couple of threads on the net about this saw.. ebay has one at $350 and a fellow on sawmill creek is asking similar questions... might want to check out the net and see what others are saying... in retrospect, not sure but what the price might be a little high.

Last edited:
Top Bottom