antler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penmaker1967

hi guys i have a need for about 10 pieces of straight antler i i have a order for some antler pens and most of mine are curved i tried the tricks to get the curve out but no luck
thanks for the help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I'm sure it will. :eek::wink:Exactly what kit are you using requiring antler in that length, if you don't mind my asking?:confused:

Lenny

So you actually only need a 2 1/4" blank ... (tubes = 2 1/32")
Generally assumed that antler pens don't need to have a "grain match" between the blanks, if that is what you were thinking?

keithlong

The curved pieces make nice pens, if you can get the holes drilled in them. Once you get the tubes in them' you can get some nice blanks with bark on the outside of them. I drill mine on the lathe.

NC Wood Art

Just a tip, I always drill my on lathe like Keithlong with pen blank drilling chuck. I have found that if you sand the antler somewhat round before drilling it helps 1000% to keep from drilling through the side of the antler which is what i assume is happening for you. I have a couple NC whitetail antlers I can sell or trade. What do you have to trade? Any burl blanks?

Bill

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Top Bottom