antler Pentel pencils

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

Most of you have seen these, but we do have a few new members. I just finished this order this afternoon. The antler is elk tines. Enjoy and comments welcome...good, bad, or otherwise.

2006629202525_5%20antler%20pentels.jpg

do a good turn daily!
Don

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Thanks Frank. I'm not a fan of the pentel pencil nor most any mechanical pencil. I write too hard and the lead keeps breaking. I use a fountain pen most of the time, even in my math classes. I don't even make my (former) students use pencils. Some of us just don't like pencils. In the shop I use the large pencils like first graders use. But engineers and draftsmen use pentils. So do accountants and these are off to a CPA in Tampa, Florida. I do like the money they fetch.

Huntersilver: don't know what style the clip is. It is the clip that came on the pentel pencil purchased from office depot. I just removed the nib, mechanism, and clip and turned an antler barrel and put the parts back in.

200662921287_ce04_120514_oe.jpg
<br />
Originally posted by Rifleman1776
<br />Work is good, antler is fine. Can't say the style is to my liking.

Travis: Thanks but it is not original with me. I do make and sell quite a few of these.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Nolan

Don,
Do you a stepped drill, or better yet could you school me on the Pentel conversion? I have one I was gonna start and maybe you could shorten my learning curve.

Nolan

its_virgil

Nolan,
Take a look in the library. I did an article and it is in the 2004 list: http://tinyurl.com/mg62r
I've changed a couple of things since then and will share if you need more info. I do not use the step drill..CSUSA does not sell it any longer + I did not want to pay $25 for it. I drill the larger hole first and the smaller hole next and drill on the lathe. Read the article and email me with any questions, or we could do our dialog here in the forum for all to read. Either way is ok with me.

I drill a 7mm hole and glue in a slimline tube and turn on a pin chuck.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
PS: there are other articles on making these in the Y! penturners group's archives..If you're not a member let me know and I get you a link to them.
originally posted by n4631x[/i]
<br />Don,
Do you a stepped drill, or better yet could you school me on the Pentel conversion? I have one I was gonna start and maybe you could shorten my learning curve.

Nolan
[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom