Antique Pepper Mill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from broitblat

broitblat

This was a fun little project. It is the "antique" pepper mill from PSI on a JOW base. The workings are all in the top. The base provides basically just a handle and a place for the pepper to go.

1_BOW_Pepper.jpg

Thanks for your thoughts.

-Barry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

VisExp

Very nice. It looks a little top heavy, but that's probably just because of the angle the photo was taken at. What is the J in JOW?

broitblat

Thanks, Guys.

The "top heavy" is the photo, sorry. The base is actually larger than the top. The "J" is Jerusalem in this case.

It does look a lot like the coffee grinder. I thought about trying that one (and still may), but I do think that would be better with a drawer in the base large enough to hold a pots worth of coffee.

-Barry

Randy_

I have thought about buying one of those mechanisms; but was not certain as to how practical they were.

Are the grinders adjustable so you can get different grinds of pepper? It does not seem like there is much capacity for storage of peppercorns. Does the thing have to be replenished with peppercorns frequently?

broitblat

I have thought about buying one of those mechanisms; but was not certain as to how practical they were.

Are the grinders adjustable so you can get different grinds of pepper? It does not seem like there is much capacity for storage of peppercorns. Does the thing have to be replenished with peppercorns frequently?

Practcal? Probably not :) The grind is adjustable, but you're right, there is not much capacity. The little pot belly is the only place with room for peppercorns.

-Barry

Top Bottom