Another Stripetease

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from THarvey

THarvey

Another Stripetease blank from Jason Swanson.

This one is Walnut, Maple and Cherry. Mounted on a Copper Cigar. Finished with BLO/CA, wet sanded to 12000MM, topped off with Plastix.

Thanks for looking. Comments welcome.

Attachments

• Cigar - Copper with Walnut Maple Cherry.jpg
    Cigar - Copper with Walnut Maple Cherry.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 281
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

t001xa22

The pen really looks great. I have tried a multi-layered pen up to 3 plies so far,this one being a cocobolo, cherry, bloodwood combo. Your pen makes me want to try for more layers. The hardest thing I find is how to photo these pens to show the layers without doing several pics. Your pic seemed to do it one shot. Great work.

Attachments

• TripleWoodSlimline1.jpg
    TripleWoodSlimline1.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 152
  • TripleWoodSlimline2.jpg
    TripleWoodSlimline2.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 139
  • TripleWoodSlimline3.jpg
    TripleWoodSlimline3.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 135
  • TripleWoodSlimline4.jpg
    TripleWoodSlimline4.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 131

THarvey

The pen really looks great. I have tried a multi-layered pen up to 3 plies so far,this one being a cocobolo, cherry, bloodwood combo. Your pen makes me want to try for more layers. The hardest thing I find is how to photo these pens to show the layers without doing several pics. Your pic seemed to do it one shot. Great work.

The stripetease blank is not realy layers. The blank is made by gluing 12 wedges together, forming a round blank.

THarvey

Nice pen Tim, the blank is beautiful, are they difficult to turn??

They are a dream to turn. And easy to center drill, because the glue-up leaves a perfect center pilot hole.

Jason makes some great blanks. I have not seen him on here in a while. At one time Exotics was carrying some of his work. Maybe Ed or Dawn know what happened to him.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
We still have some of his blanks--like many of us, he has returned to the ranks of the "single-available" so his living circumstances have been re-arranged. Getting settled, he made some blanks we took to the AAW meeting--feel free to Pm me if you want more info on getting them.

Great job on the pen, Tim---like you, I find Jason's blanks are very "turner-friendly"!! And it makes a really cool pen!!

Thanks for showing!!

Top Bottom