another save

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cwolfs69

managed to save this one from the trash heap. i cast this piece of cactus that i got from Joe in some pr last week. well i was casting about five items at the same time and mixing some for swirls etc. well when i got to this cactus i mixed the color just the way i wanted, poured in the mold and then ..... OMG i forgot the catalyst. well i put it in and tried to mix it the best that i could in the mold. thought i had done a pretty good job to because it started to set pretty quick. well the next day a portion on one end was still liquid. i spent the next week messing with it, heat, exposure to the sun and whatever. finally it seemed to be pretty well hardened. set it up today, turned polished and assembled and i think it turned out pretty well. a couple of spots had to be filled with ca, but all in all i like it.
What do you think Joe,
DSCF0872.JPG

Last edited:

BSea

Glad I'm not the only one who's done that (forgot the catalyst). I did mine in a verticle mold, so it wasn't that big of a deal. Plus it was just all resin, so nothing to get in the way when adding the catalyst. But the bottom was pretty gummy when I got it out. Your save was much harder than mine. Looks better too.

Top Bottom