Another Rendezvous Submission

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Chuck Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck Key

Pentagonal Class: Ball Point Pens and Pencils

Crotch Walnut wood was used in preparing this Artist Sketch Pencil. The wood was turned round then five flats were added to form the final pentagonal shape. CA (Super Glue) glue was used for a finish then textured to have a leather look and a reptile like feel.

2007623125434_REPTILE.jpg

WWI Cartridge Style Class: Capped Pens

Inspiration from an article on page 73 in the March 2007 issue of Pen World magazine results in this World War 1 era styled rifle cartridge pen. The vintage pens were made form metals and hard rubber while this pen is updated to use modern day materials and hardware. A fountain pen nib and cartridge ink supply were chosen for final assembly.

2007623125638_HE0.jpg

The Pen Class: Collaborations

All the visible parts on this pen except the clip were crafted by the pen maker. The tip, center band and final end cap were shaped from a solid grade Ti-6Al-4V ELI Titanium bar. The lower barrel is PVC and the upper barrel is Blackwood. The engraving and color fill were done by collaboration. (NOTE: This is a prelim photo before final adjustmet and being sent out for engraving. Only photo I have.)

200762313310_PROVO74.jpg

Chuckie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

txbob

Chuckie,
Beautiful work, as always! My favorite is the last one, but I also like the WWII era design a lot.

On the last pen: Cigar pen clip? Is the refill a Rotring mini refill or a Lamy M16? I prefer pens about an inch shorter than the normal slimline, but there aren't that many short refill choices.

txbob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom