Another Postal holiday!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Just a quick reminder that the postal system is enjoying the "president's day" holiday on Monday. So, if your order is a day late, don't panic!!

Seems about every other week there is a holiday, this time of the year. And, in Wisconsin, the "non-holiday Monday" has, recently been a "too cold to work holiday".

Spring will be a welcome change!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

I had a pile of packages that shipped 2 day Priority Mail last Monday. We had an ice storm that closed some things down. THE STORM DIDN'T EVEN HIT HERE until Wednesday. On Thursday, the "2 day" packages were still sitting at the hub.

We are closing Post Offices all around here and putting Post Offices in retail stores. This HAS increased efficiency TREMENDOUSLY! I can't wait until Staples, Office Depot and Radio Shack moves ALL of my packages. They are much more efficient and accurate than the 2 remaining Post Offices.

Ambidex

Just a quick reminder that the postal system is enjoying the "president's day" holiday on Monday. So, if your order is a day late, don't panic!!

Seems about every other week there is a holiday, this time of the year. And, in Wisconsin, the "non-holiday Monday" has, recently been a "too cold to work holiday".

Spring will be a welcome change!!!

As a letter carrier of over 30 years...trust me Ed, we do NOT enjoy Monday holidays and I would much rather work Labor, Memorial, MLK, and P-day than be off and suffer the 3 day haul than a 2 dayer..people don't understand we receive mail at our offices 364 days a year...every Sunday we get mail...that means, for those not paying attention..on Tuesday we deliver any carryover from Saturday, Sundays mail, Mondays mail, and all first class we get on Tuesday..not complaining, just trying to make some people understand we are not all Cliff Clavens..:biggrin:..plus we can't suck too bad..we're still the most trusted federal agency there is..that would be called (tic):wink:

Tom T

Our company has sent accounts payable checks to venders for over 30 years. We have only had 4 people say there check did not get there. That's a great record. I really like the post office. Always nice people. I like holidays because traffic is light on the way to work.
I have lots of time to ask myself why m I one of the few going to work.
This holiday the answer is IAP auction.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I have no complaint with the Postal Service----they are faster than UPS and we have had thousands of packages delivered--mostly correctly.

Right now, their tracking is behind the packages and delivery is slower than usual. And they have announced layoffs. So, no critique of the personnel, just a "heads-up" that our packages will be delayed----again. Federal agencies will leave no holiday unused!!!!

I would bet you at least half of those taking the day off can't tell you WHY!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hmmm and I just promised a customer that his package will ship on Monday......hope he has a good sense of humor because I only ship via USPS.

It seems almost like the Fed is in cahoots with the ski lodge owners and giving time off to help their business, but only 1 actual Monday holiday in January (MLK B-day) and only 1 in February(Presidents day). When I was a lad we had no holiday except New Year in January but Washington's birthday(2/22) and Lincoln's birthday(2/12) in February. Of course that was before "Monday" holidays had been invented. As I recall while schools got the day off and maybe the post office, most businesses didn't give either day off.

PR_Princess

FWIW, I think that the post office does an outstanding job. And ANY time off is well deserved.

I have been around enough to remember back when UPS was generally considered the preferred package carrier. At that time UPS was considered to be cheaper, faster and more reliable that USPS. To me, the turn around at the postal service is nothing less than astounding. The folks there have my admiration and gratitude.

That being said....USPS can you change your website back please?:redface::)

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
USPS in general and my mail carrier in particular do pretty well by me and my little business. The mail carrier likes lots of packages so she is always rooting for my business to do well. If I forget to call for a pickup she swings past when she goe to a nearby mailbox and picks up any packages I have anyway, I also have precious few complaints regarding delivery. I do not buy postage through their website though - unless I am shipping to an APO. Gone are the days when I was in the Navy and all mail on Atlantic Ocean ships went to FPO NY, NY

Top Bottom