Another one from the anonymous blank fairy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

431365_289365964456809_100001502242963_779817_1624898369_n.jpg

Haven't been on the lathe in a while. Ran into some issues when a slab busted off near the clip that I had to glue back down. Then as I finished assembly, a small ridge I failed to inspect for caused a split on the lower barrel. It's a carry pen as I didn't want to scrub this one. I used white tubes expecting a solid blue, the blank didn't look at all like it had the clear spots in it. At least I knocked the rust off and got something done. Maybe I'll have one or two more soon. At least I got to it before I got a bunch of PMs asking if I was still alive.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ghostrider

Good to see you doing larger kits! Much better

Thanks! I WAS gonna get it posted for sale until the second split. I'm in Dad's workshop for the foreseeable future, so there's a MUCH wider variety of kits to work with.
My first thought was to double-check the thread author as I was sure it was Drstrangefart, and it couldn't possibly be right since it's a cigar.

Way to keep at it though. Sometimes it seems like fixing mistakes is all I'm doing in the shop. Of course, that's probably because I put them aside for later, and work on multiples at the time (not exactly the best for ADHD).:rolleyes:

Drstrangefart

Thanks! I WAS gonna get it posted for sale until the second split. I'm in Dad's workshop for the foreseeable future, so there's a MUCH wider variety of kits to work with.
My first thought was to double-check the thread author as I was sure it was Drstrangefart, and it couldn't possibly be right since it's a cigar.

Way to keep at it though. Sometimes it seems like fixing mistakes is all I'm doing in the shop. Of course, that's probably because I put them aside for later, and work on multiples at the time (not exactly the best for ADHD).:rolleyes:

To be fair, my almost exclusive Slim habit comes from a tight budget. Hopefully if I can scare up some sales I'll be expanding away from SO MANY Slims.

Drstrangefart

Very nice cigar. Nice to see you making a different kit. :)

Thanks! Again (as per my usual) I should be doing more different kits for a while. Trying to fill some time up and get some more stuff for sale through Dad's hookups and help fill out the sales binders between us. I hope to sell enough to get some higher end carry pens out of it at the least.

ghostrider

To be fair, my almost exclusive Slim habit comes from a tight budget. Hopefully if I can scare up some sales I'll be expanding away from SO MANY Slims.
Nothing wrong with slims. They are popular and reach a wide market.

I've noticed myself making a few of them lately, even though I prefer the Parker refill.

Drstrangefart

Nothing wrong with slims. They are popular and reach a wide market.

I've noticed myself making a few of them lately, even though I prefer the Parker refill.

I am very fond of the Slim myself. I've turned maybe 300 of them compared to 1 Polaris, 5 Cigars and 4 Sierras.

Top Bottom