Another Newbie from the Desert

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fastgast

I've been lurking in the shadows for a few weeks and felt I say say Hi and thanks for volume of info I've gotten already. Already hooked up with Desertrat and he's been an invaluable asset and has helped me out of some problems already. I really enjoy the atmosphere here as there don't appear to be a lot of egos going on. I've turned mostly slimlines and we're just starting some Brea's and a couple cigar pen and of course we're finding need to buy more tools. My wife and I both are enjoying our new hobby and even had the grand daughter turn a couple. Thanks again.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Welcome from the Empire State of the South. Home of Dixie Darlings, Georgia Peaches, and Magnolia Maidens - women sweeter than our homemade watermelon wine.

fastgast

Thanks to everyone who has made me feel welcome and I can tell this pen turning ride is going to be fun. Great to hear from another turner from Pahrump, Boy pretty soon we can have a chapter, Just need to fiquire how to turn cactus and I think desertrat is working on that. He told me if it's in his yard and don't move he turns it.Thanks again & God Bless, Rick & Ellen

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome Richard. I'm just a bit west ... in So Cal. Glad you've hooked with someone already.

Below are links to two threads/articles that have lots of information on pen turning. The first one is a very basic overview of the many aspects of getting into turning pens.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

The second link has postings by different pen turners and what they wish they had known earlier:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

Here is another link - a PDF on the acronyms used here. I am sure you know many but this will help with those you don't.
http://content.penturners.org/articl...9/Acronyms.pdf

IPD_Mrs

I've been lurking in the shadows for a few weeks and felt I say say Hi and thanks for volume of info I've gotten already. Already hooked up with Desertrat and he's been an invaluable asset and has helped me out of some problems already. I really enjoy the atmosphere here as there don't appear to be a lot of egos going on. I've turned mostly slimlines and we're just starting some Brea's and a couple cigar pen and of course we're finding need to buy more tools. My wife and I both are enjoying our new hobby and even had the grand daughter turn a couple. Thanks again.

Welcome from another "turning couple" in Indiana.
Hope you enjoy this addiction as much as we do. Have also had our son and daughter do some turning and my father just recently started making pens. It's just grand to have this to do!!

Mrs.

renowb

Welcome from Houston, TX. I used to hear Pahrump a lot in the army! Show us some of your stuff when you get a chance.

Top Bottom