Another new Saw

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Just got an ad today about another new scrollsaw that is hitting the market place. It is made for Jet. It is the JW22-22. It is between a mid range priced saw and a highend price saw. At least for now. Time will tell where the price settles in. In is basically a knock off of the Excalibur saw which can sell well over $1000. It is a tilting head instead of a tilting table. This feature makes cutting angled cuts easier. It looks like the head has a parallel cutting system designed after the excalibur and the Dewalt saws. This makes vibration less. Looks like there is plenty of hand room under the saw for blade changing and the tension system is up front along with the blade release system.

Now I only have seen a promo ad and a brief demonstration of it use and have not gotten a chance to play with one and I do not know if I ever will but just wanted to let people know that there is another serious player out there in the scrollsaw world. It does look like a nice saw. Her is the ad at Amazon

www.amazon.com/Jet-727200B-JWSS-22B...sh-20&linkId=e59ed4af0d71cb310f3efd633b670e00

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I believe Woodcraft has been promoting that saw as well.

I do see they have it for sale at the same price. You can see the Dewalt there as well and if you look there are many same characteristics about each saw. One is a 20" and this saw is a 22" saw. You see the Dewalt has been lowered in price over the years and has settled at $499 and I have seen $450. I believe this saw will too drop in price to around the $750 range. It is being labeled as a mid price range saw and right now they are teetering on the higher end. Supply and demand will tell. I would not mind giving a test drive. :):) Love new tools. Always have room for another scroll saw. :):)

Bob in SF

John - My Excalibur 16" cost less than $600.00 a couple of years ago - great saw.

The 21" all cost more.

Good luck.

KenV

Often it means that a key patent has expired and reverse engijeering has found a way to avoid others.

Sometimes it means lawyer time, sometimes not.

Fein vibrating saw patents was one recent expiration

jttheclockman

John - My Excalibur 16" cost less than $600.00 a couple of years ago - great saw.

The 21" all cost more.

Good luck.

Yes Bob. That excaliber was for competing against the Dewalt. Excaliber only had the 30" saw at the time. Now they have 3 sizes. All use the head tilting and that blade movement design. I have used that saw but do not own any Excaliber saws. I do own the Dewalt (Series #1) saw but it has the table tilting. I am so use to that it would take some practice to get used to a tilting head. But as I have stated many times here my go to saw is RBI. They have gone through some owner changes and now are going through some new improvements on their saws. I like the changes and understand them but will not trade up.

As far as all the legal stuff about copying patents I have no idea but you do see similarities between Dewalt , Excaliber and now Jet. These saws are serious saws and are for the serious scroller or someone who has cash to throw at tools. I do not know about the jet but the others mentioned are all good saws and it is good to see another quality saw enter the market. Where it is being made, I do not know that yet. But I hope to someday take it for a test drive. If you are a serious scroller you can pick up right away if it is quality and the little nuances of that saw. The one thing that stands out to me right away is the blade installation. Seems a bit awkward.

But time will tell how well these get received and as I said I believe the price will come down just a bit.

Top Bottom