Another New One...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bgray

bgray

Black ebonite and cumberland, with a cumberland section...

2008315053_GlenmontRedBlack.jpg

2008315114_GlenmontRedBlack2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pipeyeti

Originally posted by avbill

Beautiful, elegant, Have not seen this kit. Where are you getting it from? Again a very elegant pen!

Bill Daniels

It looks like he is using the churhill/el grande kit for the nib, nib coupler and cap threads. Looks like a standard 7mm kit clip. The finials on the end appear to be made by the maker. Overall I think it is outstanding work. bravo!

bgray

Originally posted by pipeyeti

Beautiful, elegant, Have not seen this kit. Where are you getting it from? Again a very elegant pen!

Bill Daniels

It looks like he is using the churhill/el grande kit for the nib, nib coupler and cap threads. Looks like a standard 7mm kit clip. The finials on the end appear to be made by the maker. Overall I think it is outstanding work. bravo!

You are partially right. There are only two kit parts...the nib holder and center band (or nib coupler and cap threads).

I actually am not sure where the clip comes from. I had a ton of pen parts laying around, along with lots and lots of those clips. They were plated with the cheap stuff, so I sent them out for proper plating.

I think that they come from an Artisan pen. Definitely not a slimline, however.

alxe24

I don't have anything different to say than the rest. Georgeous pens. Congrats. Awesome shape finish and meterials.

avbill

I want to thank Dario for reminding me about "search" I could not remember where i saw these pens.

A fellow pen grou [sp] gave me several commercial catalogs on expensive pens. If you look at Pen hospital or others you will see the same elegance the same expertise in workmanship as bgray's pen. Reexamined the pens again then again. look at the classic line. the simple cap. the gorgeous finish. From the photograph this pen breaths "the pen maker's guild."

I'm very happy with this type of work always being shown as a guide for me to excel to. Again what a wonderful pen

bill Daniels

bgray

Thanks, Bill.

This pen is roughly modeled after the Parker Big Red Duofold.

I have some solid orange ebonite that I'll be using for this design very soon. Then it will really scream "Big Red".

bitshird

Bill Daniels

Larry, I think you need to look at the grip on the green Ebonite pen.

Sfolivier

Fantastic looking. Beside the obvious craftsmanship, you managed to break out of the all-kit-look-the-same universe. I'm always truly sensitive to strong departures from stock kit usage.

pipeyeti

Originally posted by bitshird

Bill Daniels

Shure looks like a churchill nib thats been covered with cumberland to me.

bgray

Originally posted by bitshird

Bill Daniels

Shure looks like a churchill nib thats been covered with cumberland to me.

Actually, it's solid ebonite.

20083322453_EboniteSections2.jpg

At first I outsourced these to a CNC machinist, but then once I received my first batch, I realized that they were not out of my reach, so I started making them.

Hello

I'd be curious to learn whether or not this is a pre-fab kit, or an amalgam of parts. if its an amalgam, a quick tutorial for us newbies would be cool!

Top Bottom