Another Modified Majestic, Casein and Lucite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wiset1

MartinPens

Dang! What a great pen. If envy is a sin, I'm need of confession. I gotta learn to do this. I have two majestic kits and now I'm going to have to start taking one apart and try something like this. Now, see what you've gotten me into?!!!

I've heard that material cracks easily, so well done.

If you need me to hang on to that pen so it doesn't get lost in the move, : ) I promise to send it back to you after you get settled in VA!

Thanks for sharing it.

Regards,

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

Dang! What a great pen. If envy is a sin, I'm need of confession. I gotta learn to do this. I have two majestic kits and now I'm going to have to start taking one apart and try something like this. Now, see what you've gotten me into?!!!

I've heard that material cracks easily, so well done.

If you need me to hang on to that pen so it doesn't get lost in the move, : ) I promise to send it back to you after you get settled in VA!

Thanks for sharing it.

Regards,

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Funny Martin, if my wife didn't already grab the thing up I would gladly send it to you for safe keeping! :biggrin:

Also, Casein tends to crack, but this is the Alt Casein from exotics and it's a basic resin so you turn it the same way. The only issue I've had with it on the larger kits like a Majestic is the white areas. If you buy an Alt Casein Rod you'll see the sweet looking lines, but there are obvious flat areas that are difficult to turn past with the larger kits. If you use a Majestic Jr you can turn past these areas and have a pen that has a uniform look to the lines in the Casein.

As far as taking apart the Majestic...DO IT!!! With your crazy skills I know you could do something amazing!

Best wishes

Last edited:

jasontg99

Pretty soon it will be my little shop in VA. I have one pen left in me before we pack everything up for the movers next week. It will be segmented and use HRB. I'll post the sketches with it when it's finished.

Thanks for the Kind words by the way. Just having fun and seeing what can be done.

Tim,

That is a gorgeous pen! Where will you be in VA?

Jason

wiset1

I'll live around the Ft Belvoir area while working in DC. I hope to be able to at least have a room for my hobby or a garage to work out of. Not sure what Uncle Sam will offer me by way of housing once I get there, but I'm sure I'll figure something out. Perhaps I'll be able to attend some shows and meet other turners. Who knows...

MartinPens

Got out my Majestic kit today to start disassembling. How in the world..... this is going to be hard work - and expensive if I goof it up. I think it is definitely time for a jig - I also have a terrible time disassembling the Zen cap.
AND..... I had a great thought on how to do it! So I'll keep you posted.

Martin

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hey Tim!!

Dawn and I would like permission to post your photo in the Customer Gallery at Exotics, please. We are just revamping this section, we hope to make a kind of "Wow" section, this would be a great start.

Let us know, either here or privately, please!!

Thanks,

Ed & Dawn

wiset1

Thanks for asking Ed, feel free to use the image as you see fit.

My shop got packed up today so it will be a couple months before I get to turn another pen. Kind of sad about that , but hey...Uncle Sam tells me it's time to move and we move.

Best wishes

wiset1

Got out my Majestic kit today to start disassembling. How in the world..... this is going to be hard work - and expensive if I goof it up. I think it is definitely time for a jig - I also have a terrible time disassembling the Zen cap.
AND..... I had a great thought on how to do it! So I'll keep you posted.

Martin

Just take your time and try not to hit the Rhodium parts. A jig WOULD make things easier in the long run or we could just ask the company to send the kit in parts instead of together. Might have better luck with a jig:biggrin: Best wishes Martin

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Good luck on your move and welcome back to the USA!!!!

(Your shipping will be faster!!) Thanks for the pic and look for it in the next couple days on the "Customer" gallery.

wiset1

Beautiful pen. I just love the comment "It's easy once you get the kit apart".

Well...it is, ha ha ha :biggrin:

Truly a pain in the butt to remove everything, but well worth the effort after it's done.

Best wishes

wiset1

MUCH easier than that! Simply go to http://www.exoticblanks.com/ and click on the "New Arrivals" link on the top left of the page. From here you will see a material called "Alt Casein Rod." That's the material! Pretty easy material to turn and looks great at just under $7 as you can see.

Hope that helps

Best wishes

PaulDoug

You don't really need any more praise for that one to get the point it is a great pen, but I can not not join in. That is a spectacular pen! Really one to get the juices flowing. Congratulations!

I have always liked the look of casein. In fact the last pen I made for a wedding pen was casein, but I think that alt. casein is actually prettier. looks like the lines are more pronounced.

Last edited:

furini

A fantastic pen. Really inspiring. Looking forward to seeing your next one when your shop gets set up again.

wiset1

Here's an image of the pen with the cap on. I should have posted it with the initial posting, but I didn't care for the image since it didn't show the end cap accents and made it look rather simple.

5699695017_b8d3c9838d_z.jpg

Enjoy

Top Bottom