Another M3 Falcon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TonyL

TonyL

Well, I gave my son the first one - that was supposed to be my carry pen. So I may another this morning.

Looks the same as the first one that I posted.

C&C always welcome.

Attachments

• My Falcon M3 Black and Grey.jpg
    My Falcon M3 Black and Grey.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 365
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Only wish that it did. I guess we can try trimming the barrel a little more. I used a Montverde extra fine refill (after trying 3 other types) and it appeared to look a little better. I am sure it is an illusion though.

PenPal

Two things I love about your pen Tony the splendid kit and exceptional blank.

I like that pen the chrome and black patterned blank very impressive IMHO. I also prefer a fine point in a refill, the length out of the pen is a personal choice.

Peter.

Last edited:

TonyL

I was also a fine point guy given my profession (CPA/Charted Accountant in your neck of the woods). I do think that it can be a threading issue. I will lubricate the threads to see if I can screw it down further.

And thank you Peter.

vakmere

That has some beef to it. Nice lines. These blanks are pricey but look great. The ink extension issue is present on a few kits I've done.

TonyL

Any thoughts about the ink not sticking out as far as must other kits? Mine functions fine - just looks a little different.

Did you trim the brass tube to the size 2.2" as per sticker on the packaging?

I did not. I was wondering what that meant. Sounds silly that I didn't pay attention to it beyond reading it - I am just admitting my fault.

Making by third right now! Easy enough to observe the instructions.

Now if you can tell me how to get the Liberty pencil mechanism to work, I would be cooking with gas; I mean lead :)

The lead doesn't hold in both of the kits that I have.

jcm71

I trimmed all 5 that I have done to 2.2 inches. Refill extension is good. Will probably start doing that on Libertys (why didn't I think of that sooner?).

TonyL

Any thoughts about the ink not sticking out as far as must other kits? Mine functions fine - just looks a little different.

Did you trim the brass tube to the size 2.2" as per sticker on the packaging?

Constant...I will disassemble at my own risk of course. How well does the Falcon lend itself to disassembly? Your tolerances are always very good; I have needed glue or filling to accommodate the h/w.

Top Bottom