Another interesting idea for a pen blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

angboy

This ebay seller has some interesting pen blanks- including some of the snake skin blanks like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=71234&item=8217871426

and they seem to be getting scooped up pretty fast. I also liked this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=71234&item=8214840951

I bought one set, haven't turned them yet, so I can't give any feedback on how they turn out. But I liked that she actually customized some for me, so I was able to get colors that really are what I wanted. Also, the view where they are the lighter part- I thought that that was the original way they came and you had to hold them to get them to chage to the more colored view. But I was wrong- they are originally in the more colorful state, and then with holding go to the lighter state. And it takes awhile of holding them, and it actually makes kind of a neat pattern after you hold the blank for awhile, sicne it only changes where your hand was. I also think that lighter state is actually less "washed out" than her pix show.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Only problem I see is that the snake skin blanks are only for the 7mm Euro... if they want to do some real business they need to start working on rollerball and fountain pen blanks..

angboy

Actually, if you look at their website, they do offer different pen kits with the snake skin blanks, and also have some other skins that I didn't even realize they had- like lizard. I'm actually learning something myself from my own post, because Griz's comment about making other styles of pens made me wonder about that. Here's is the actual website, where you can get those other things, if anyone's interested.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
I just received an email from the people who run glimmerznmore... they are starting to make Baron/Jr Gent snakeskin sets in rattlesnake, python and cobra.... they said they are sending me a cobra or python to test... I will report on the quality when I get it...
I have no financial or other connection with this company, I just told them I thought they were missing the boat by only offering 7mm tubed sets of snakeskin... they were very interested in what else is out there for them to do... let's see what they can do..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom