another heart pine

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OLDMAN5050

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
modified euro kit, dressed in Heart Pine from an old tobacco stick from a farm in south Georgia. made a purple heart centerband. I like that combo after I made one like that for the troops had to have one for myself, all comments are welcome, that is how we get better at this by using others to see what we don't.

Attachments

• 3-15-2011.JPG
    3-15-2011.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 233
  • 3-15-2011#2.JPG
    3-15-2011#2.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 146
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

crabcreekind

I like the pen, is pine hard to turn because it is so soft? I would figure it would tear out alot. But i have never turned pine so i wouldn't know.

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
The heart pine is not soft. it is not your typical run of the mill pine. old growth , tight rings, these was from long ago when the pine trees were not harvested as they are now for the lumber yards. this is hard to find. Myself and my wife bought a 2nd home in Georgia last January, and we have been working on it pulled up the carpet to see what was underneath, it had covered the most beautiful hardwood floors, the living and dinning room is parque oak and the hall and bedrooms are, quess what, heart pine. we plan on redoing them at the end of the month, will post pix when complete. the pen blanks were from tobacco sticks that were used in the 50,s to hang the tobacco in a barn for heat curing, so they are even harder than you can imagine.

ToddMR

That is some striking pine there, nice dark grain color. I like the modified cb too. Nicely done on that. I think the cb and wood used on the body is a nice combo. Looks good to me.

Top Bottom