Another Closed End Antler Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from davidrei

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidrei

Yes, I know this is a goofy looking pen and stretches the limits of practicality, but it was still fun to make. Satin nickle Baron kit, used Fangar's pin chuck (I love cool toys). I tried to have an antler cap, but I drilled out the side of my last piece big enough. Used mesquite burl instead. CA finish all around.

2006577641_Antler%20Long%20Baron.jpg

200657773_Antler%20Long%20Baron2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

davidrei

It doesn'really balance much at all. As expected, it's top heavy, but not as bad as I expected. It's very noticable, but not to the point of being unusable.

Deere41h

Interesting....But looks like it should be on a desk in a desk holder rather than with a cap. Sure not something you can carry in your pocket. At least my pockets are not that deep.

davidrei

I agree, it is way lopsided. I thought about making desk holder, but decided to see if I could successfully make the body of the pen before I invested any real effort. I may go back and do that later. This was intended from the start as a "what if I did this..." kind of experiment, and I am quite surprised I came out with anything at all. Drilling the hole in the antler was a bit of a challenge that required some creative clamping and drilling by hand with a cordless drill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom